Monday, February 06, 2006

Somehow it feels good to have a place to say things with no real expectation that anyone will read them. Today was a little on the normal side which is why it was noisy and stressful. Ruby cries most of her life because she has something called Sensory Processing Disorder which keeps her from registering her senses the way we do and makes her brain get really overloaded all the time. She goes to occupational therapy (i guess I take her there actually) every few weeks or so and this past time, the therapist, Roxann, (if you have to go to therapy, your therapist may as well be called Roxann) started a treatment for Ruby that includes 'brushing' her every two hours every day. It's with one of those little rectangle brushes that surgeons use to wash their hands and we go over her legs and feel and arms and hands and back really firmly and them 'stimulate' her joints starting by pushing down on her head and moving to her soulders and elbows, etc...i must say, as if there weren't enough things to do, it seems that every two hours comes around an awful lot.
I don't think I mentioned that I finally triumphed over math 97 and stuck it right in the big man's face who thought he had me beat with the three failed attempts to pass the finals! Embarrassing but true, I finally went all the way down to Provo and took the challenge exam and got a 70%. What did I need to test out of Math 97? A 70%, obviously. The divine intervention of the whole thing is hardly lost on me. The Lord knows I'm not good enough to get an 83% or something wonderful so he heard my prayers and gave me the bare minimum....so often the case....like those prayers to please lose the weight i gained from having two babies 10 months apart how I lost like 10 pounds and he seems to have stopped listening...and then sometimes he goes above and beyond like all those prayers for a husband and stuff, in which case I got one out of the perverbial gold mine/broke the mold category when He handed me Gabriel. oh, we may be building a townhouse in Sandy. We know the builder so it's a good deal and a way to build some kind of equity in life instead of renting here in the nosebleed section...that is kind of exciting so maybe my children can grow up knowing what grass is and what the sun feels like instead of only being able to count to 8 because that's how many floors the building has and we count in the elevator :)

No comments: