Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sheesh...

It's saturday night and we just got back from being in this hotel in the literal middle of absolutely nowhere and realizing that if we were Hondurans and all lived in the same room our whole lives, we would never sleep and hate each other...It took us 5 hours, did you read that right? Five, CINCO HORAS, to get to somewheresville about 15 minutes before Logan...it should have taken an hour and 20 or 30 minutes and we had only gone 6 miles in an hour and a half...I think we figured that our average speed was something like 6 or 8 miles an hour...I mean, it was snowing like nobody's business and every single car on earth was on I-15 and all surrounding roads and what with the screaming banshees in the backseat, man, talk about the 6th circle of Hell...sheesh...Anyway, we got there and I got stuck in some snow for one afternoon and had to be pushed out and I barely ate any fruit or vegetables and I used one of those hairdryers attached to the wall and it basically just snowed and snowed and now we're back. The best part of the trip was calling Cammie Monson after I saw her and Jason's announcements in the Ready Made magazine...it was so good to talk to her and realize that she is just living life like me and still the same great person as always only now a she's a mom to this adorable little boy, Soren...
Valentine's was good. I got a really nice blouse from Banana Republic and some roses and a ring from Banana Republic that's pretty blingy like I like...a good day and then Matthew Lampros and Gabriel made Mary and I fillet Mignon and potatos and creamed corn and it was so good I could gain weight thinking about it.
My dad went on Valentine's day to the hospital for a test on his heart because he has been short of breath and not feeling good and they sent him in an Ambulance to Tacoma to have surgery right then. He, luckily did have to have a bypass even though he had a blocked artery but they put a stint in his artery and some balloons in some veins and he's recouperating ok...send up a prayer for Lewi if you get some extra prayer time.
I was crawling on the floor today looking for a lost red crayon and Dellah was barking like a dog..I guess she thought I looked like one down on all fours like that...funny...

1 comment:

Cindy Bean said...

Whoa! Lewi the Fish-Killer is having some trauma. He is definitely in my prayers. I'm so glad they were able to help him before it got bad. Give him my love.

I have a crush on a psychology professor named Esteban.