Monday, February 13, 2006

on the eve of love day

today I wanted to jump off the balcony and whatever happened in the ivy and cement below would have been fine...mostly I think I was in popsicle withdrawal because I am in love with those real fruit popsicles but coconut flavor with the real pieces of cocnut and mmm mmm mmmmmmm, I am telling you something, the ones from Michoacan in Mexico are hardly any better...so when I don't feel I have enough popsicle running in my veins the 'I don't want to take a nap, I pooped again, I chewed my bottom lip so I look like a crack addict and I won't let you put medicine on it, I peed on the floor because you thought I could handle 2 seconds without a diaper, my pacifier fell out for the 12th time in 5 minutes and I can't put it back in by myself' stuff is just a little much.
I don't know if I've mentioned that I am one of these ultra methodical habit eaters but I eat the same things all day every day for like weeks and weeks and then, one day, I just stop those things and switch to other things. Right now it's those infernal coconut popsicles and those Ling Ling's chicken and veggie potstickers from Costco and orville redenbachers pop-light kettle corn...last month it was the oreo mcflurry and these weird 100% maple santa clause shaped candies from Smiths that were on sale after christmas...it was a dark time but not as dark as the pregnancy where everything made me deathly ill except a loaf of cinnamon toast every two days and a huge horchata from Betos at least once a day....
so they have closed two of the Big Lots in my 6 store circuit that I'm on to find good things....it's devastating to arrive at a place and see a vacant space and a for lease sign when you've got your shopping shoes on..now my options for finding all the varieties of Fiskars scissors for a dollar have been decreased by 25%... you feelin' me? man, they should warn folks and not just up and go like that. I have to say that I like the Tyra Banks show...I know, I know...I've tried to pretend that I would rather watch Martha Stewart at 3 but the truth is, I almost always go to Tyra...what is it about that girl? I think it's that she walks in on a runway at the beginning of every show and there's like a fan blowing her hair and it's just so crazy...the other day she did this show on phobias and she's totally scared of birds so she brought on these birds and totally almost cried she was so scared...it's just good talk show..maybe I should tell her how afraid I am of the statue of liberty and other giant things and she would send me to New York...it's worth a try...then again, I think it would actually freak me out to see the statue of liberty no matter how many H&M's there are per capita...

1 comment:

bug girl said...

mmmm, sounds like I need to try those coconut popsicles. Have you had the real fruit mango sorbet? or the haagen-dazs peach sorbet? If I lived in my own home I would be totally addicted to those two. As it is, everything I buy must be shared with 5 other people (or I feel bad). And most times add another 5 people (the families next door).