Monday, February 27, 2006

Otis Redding is just so good

what IS it about Otis Redding that just does it all the way right? I swear, I think I mentioned before that 'we belong' and 'crash into me' do funny things to my ph balance but I have to add 'these arms of mine' and 'try a little tenderness'...come ONNN...those songs are stone cold AWESOME....whenever you can just feel the passion in someone's voice when they start going off on the original chorus at the end of a song, they always get my vote...there's this Italian girl that sings in spanish named Laura Pausini and she has that quality...i darn near cry every time she screams, di me que si me adoras, aunque este todo el mundo en contra and on and on...I only listen to 106.1 anymore that is this latin radio station...it is just so good in the afternoon to make dinner and merengue in your kitchen...everyone should give it a try...except when i HAVE to turn it off because it's annoying.
I was telling Gabriel the other night while we were watching Isaac how it's so odd because he's not a man or a woman, he's just a person and it's so strange to see someone be a 'character' before you think of their gender like that...so strange...oddly appealing to everyone and no one at once...
I am sweating here in my house like a freakshow...what is going on? I had to open the balcony door there for a second...man...I'd like to think my metabolism is just through the roof but I think the thermostat says its 73 in here so, oh well...
Dellah teaches me lots of things...she is a whole person with so much to say and yet she can climb on you like a house kept animal and often does...today as I was typing she was climbing on me and leaning into my face saying, 'hi'.....switch positions, 'hiiiieeee'....move again to make me type the wrong thing...'hiiiiiiiiyyyeee' and I started thinking about all the times you're in a store and some kid is like, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom and you're like ANSWER THAT KID, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU IDIOT, INSENSITIVE, RETARD? it's just so cute when someone wants to talk to you all the time like that (except when Cindy used to send me out of her room for watching her do stuff like sew or read or some other activity that was not a spectator sport)...I pretty much answer Dellah every time she addresses me because I think how sweet it is that she just barely can talk and of all the things she can say, she wants to say them to me...gosh...it's just so sweet. I wondered today though how many times God is like, hi, hi, hi, hi and I don't answer or hear or choose to listen...it's so much easier when the person is standing on your arm/lap/foot/computer keyboard.
could I just say here that I'm just kind of sick of Napolean Dynamite...come on...I totally got it...it was funny, llamas, wigs, puffy sleeves, funny dance, mexican guy, tether ball, blah blah but he is just so annoying and I wish wal mart would not sell stuff with all the sayings on them and how sad is it that utah puts him on billboards like he's our claim to fame or something or like he actually invented the word "Gosh"...come on....and what about the people that have actually watched that dance scene so much that they have it memorized when John Heder totally improvised that and it obviously wasn't even important enough for HIM to memorize...sorry...anyway...he's a really bad actor and a mouth breather and I'm kind of over it.
Today I saw like 30 minutes of the movie Yentel and I am all the way going to rent that tomorrow...I am fully fascinated to know how that movie goes....I mean, I really was like, AWESOME....I have always heard about it and the 'papa can you hear me' song and whatnot but it actually was so good when I saw it...I love Mandy Patinkin though (the spaniard in Princess Bride) and there are like naked parts of guys in the water and Barbara Streisand was going to marry a frizzy haired girl to get closer to him and, man...hardcore...a must rent...
I just HAD to wear these really awesome shoes friday night on my shopping escapade and I have the most painful blister on my pinky toe that impedes me from wearing shoes at all now...feast or famine...awesome or flip flop...i need a popsicle...there are two boxes in my freezer...if I like something I have to buy a gajillion of that thing...I liked this one skirt at ross so I went back and got another two(different colors)...I liked these one shoes so I bought them in black and brown...I like these one bibs so I get obsessed about having to have all the ones they make for my kids and it's like, ok, I am ocd, let's move on...

1 comment:

Cindy Bean said...

"Stare hard, retard!" That's my motto!