Sunday, February 12, 2006

cinco cosas interesantes

SO, I don't really know where to start, except the beginning, a very good place to start...i don't know how to tag anyone else but if I did, I would tag Brigham so...Brigham red and underlined...go...
1. I was raised in Bear Grass North Carolina where there are two schools, grades k-6 and grades 7-12, my class had 22 people and then I moved to Seattle at the end of 10th grade and my class had 600 people. I was captain of the cheerleading squad in both schools...go Bears, go Rams... A major develpment was when the town next to Bear Grass got a Wal-Mart when I wais about 13.

2. I lived for 18 months in the nowheresvilles of southern honduras where I was a. attacked and humped by a chemically altered man, b.fell down a revine, hit my head on a rock and slipped into a river, c. almost broke my hand when a bridge broke underneath us and I had to scuffle to the earth and climb up the other side d. got some mystery illness where I couldn't even open a refrigerator or lift a pencil e. Contracted every known type of parasitic entity red, round, pin, amoeba (some of which made appearances....ahhhhh) f. I ate armadillo, iguana, old cow, soup with chicken feet, fish with all their parts staring at me and drank oatmeal water... g. I wore cotton flowered moomoo dresses from Costco every day with white cotton socks and mary janes with holes in the soles. my clothes were washed on a rock every week. h. I took it upon myself to go around every month washing hair and combing out lice and giving haircuts to people who washed their hair with laundry soap and had never had a haircut. (of course I had lice too) i. I learned spanish which came in handy later. j. bathed with a bowl out of a trough of water every day. k. I talked to people about the truth and felt really happy.

3. Something actually changes in my chemical make-up when I hear the songs, "we belong" by Pat Benetar and 'crash into me' by Dave Matthews...things have been known to happen.

4. I got pregnant 10 minutes after I got married and 10 minutes after I had Dellah, I got pregnant AGAIN (using birth control and breastfeeding Dellah) making me freakishly fertile with the irony being that pregnancy is a near death experience for me and like being terminally ill for 40 weeks.

5. I can commune with the shopping spirit. I can actually sense when there is a sale in the store and, most often, there is something amazing or one thing left that I have always wanted or needed and it is in my exact size or the color I wanted. This has always happened and the prices I pay for items is scandalous. I feel this is a special gift to me as a consumer. I can tell anyone where to buy anything and how much it will cost and that is my promise to you...vote for me for the most amazingly average person on earth...

so that's five (or so) things about me and I will add that I just cut my hair the way it always should be (short, short, short) and I feel much better about myself and the prospect of all other things. Thanks, Marsha...I think...for tagging me....I will pay you installments but not lame arse installments, I will pay good amounts because I don't like feeling like there are unfinished businesses...oh, I'm moving to number 309 in two weeks in case anyone writes letters anymore. It's 100$ cheaper a month so we're outa here. love and more love. Brigham, go....!

4 comments:

marshall p said...

ok. so when you are writing your things for your blog you will have little icons at the top. how many icons you have depends on the kind of computer you have and what it understands (I think. maybe not. it's just that every computer I've been on has been different.) so you write a word like "brigham" then if you're on your comment thing you click on the thing that looks like a globe and it will let you type in brig's URL. then you click enter or ok or whatever it is and it will automatically make the word into a link. you can do it on the comment page too, but it's harder...
here I'll try it... "MarshallP."

marshall p said...

mp

marshall p said...

see I told you it was harder. it worked the second time though.

Brigham said...

I've observed this tagging going on and wondered if I was going to get tagged and what I would do if I were tagged. I had decided I'd ignore it . . . but since it was you that tagged me, I cannot resist, and will respond. But not until sometime next week.