Friday, February 10, 2006

nannies, nearsightedness and misnomers

I have to say there is a certain amount of anxiety that I feel whenever I am asked by this blog thing to enter those weird swimming letters in a row as they appear. I know it's to test that a real person is doing things instead of a computer program or something but I get all stressed and is it just me or are they sometimes hard to decipher?...have we really come to this? there has to be another way. I'm legally blind for goodness sake! it's embarrassing. ps, keith looks cute with facial hair.
I just saw nanny McPhee and may I say, Collin Firth aside (who doubtless makes any movie worth the watching), it really was so good. There was this supersaturated color to everything and it was one of those experiences where you actually think, if I would have done this movie, I would have done it just like this and then you just go on watching and thinking, this is good. I haven't decided how I feel about the cgi baby mouth talking but overall, really good. It was my night off which I get once or twice a week to just go and not come back until after whatever I did from about 6 until the end of the late movie...tonight was TJ Maxx and Ross followed by ColdStone and the movies...let me hereby declare my love for Gabriel Sanchez and his thinking I deserve a break every now and then. also my love of the cake batter ice cream at Cold Stone.
I visited Andi today and saw her baby without a name and her carpet that will be replaced tomorrow and some Marsha Ellis art on the walls and further strengthened my resolve to become the possessor of the art of my friends. It can't be that hard. You just give them money and they give you art, right? It actually feels like they are there in the room when you look at their stuff. That is my favorite part because i wish you were all there in the room with me most of the time.
I have spoken to my children in spanish only since the day they were born so that is their first language but there are certain things you can't translate like 'twinkle, twinkle little star' and I'm a little teapot, etc so today in Target Dellah saw my t-shirt that says 'rock' with a star after it and gave a stirring rendition of the part of twinkle, twinkle little star that she remembered...it went like this..."up a ba da ba da guys...lie da bala nice..guys." I tell you, if Brigham was upset about the lyric of that one song he had confused all these years, I wonder how Dellah will feel about that one when the little gringo kids rub it in that she's a little off? vamos a ver.

5 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

I KNOW! Doesn't he look so cute with facial hair?! You'll notice as the pictures progress in the next few posts that he goes from bearded Keith to mustachio Keith to hairless Keith. I'm a fan of the beard and interestingly enough, I'm a fan when he's got a mustache, baseball cap combo on. It's like he's an 80s private investigator.

What's Andi getting for carpet? For most of our friends, they will take installments for art possession.

Dellah is so beautiful. I can't wait until I get my own!

marshall p said...

I've been watching a lot of Magnum P.I. lately so that comment about Keith's facial hair makes me giggle.

um, yeah, I would prolly take installments for art. The only thing I can't take is whining.

marshall p said...

also, dear Erin, I wanted to mention that sometimes I don't make a comment because the fake word is too hard.

marshall p said...

also I really want to see Nanny McPhee

marshall p said...

oh, p.s., I tagged you twice on my blog. you have to go see.