Sunday, February 12, 2006

pelvic thrusting toddlers

Ok, I've now hit the end of the charade...apparently I've been 'tagged' by Marsha in this strange cyber chase game so now it's my turn to say five things about myself and the facade that I actually know how to work this infernal blog thing has crumbled. sure, I can write stuff and it gets on the screen but I need a tutorial, I fear because I can't manage to figure out how to get any more pictures on the postings and I don't know how to tag someone else and have it appear in red and underlined and all the business....wait....does it have to do with the color thing at the top of this box? Hmmm...I wonder...it's possible you're just writing names in red and underlining them...could it be? somehow I doubt it.
I realize that when you are a parent your world revolves around small people and there is a certain amount of rebellion in this for me...I don't think it's natural to forsake yourself and only think of others right off the bat from day one...it's a process and for me (a selfish and self interested soul) but I'm pretty much happy to say that I am getting better at it and telling stories about what they do is fun for me (mindbogglingly boring as it may be to the reader) :). Dellah stands in the middle of the room, feet shoulder width apart, and crows like a rooster, 'rr-r-r-r-rrrrr' (with implied rooster inflection). The funny comes when she says the first rr and then for the rest of the sound she thrusts her pelvis and chest forward in this bizarre movement and proceeds to repeat this so many times your side hurst from laughing. I have no idea where on earth the movement comes from but Martha Graham said that all children inately move from their pelvis and that honest movement, primal movement, must be recalled and will also originate from the pelvis. Bedroom analogies and pg-13 ratings aside, perhaps she's a modern dancer on the inside.

No comments: