Friday, March 31, 2006

por fin!!

Now that I'm pretty sure no one even checks this to see if I'm still alive, Gabriel got the laptop back so I can write a wee bit more. Just to give a run-down, so much has happened...wow, where to start...let's see, it's been 12 days so...that's about 144 diapers, 84 bottles of milk, 50 screaming fits, 25 time outs, 30 penicillin pills, 5 showers (yep, just five), 3 doctors appointments, one occupational therapy appointment and a partridge in a pear tree...
same old thing...I guess if a person doesn't write in their blog for two weeks and a tree falls in the forest....it still makes a noise.
I just got finished cleaning the house because my aunt and uncle are in town from North Carolina and they said they were coming over to visit...I haven't heard back from them still but it feels good to have clean mirrors and vacuumed floors and pictures hung on the wall...I also tried to take care of the extra chocolate covered krispy kremes because they were cluttering the counter...you know, you do whatchu gotta do!
Ruby rolls over in her crib and likes to stand up and hang on to the ottoman she drank out of a straw the other day. Dellah walked up the stairs and slid down the slide by herself at the park and swang in the big girl swing while I pusehd her...if only she would stop being addicted to a pacifier, we could probably understand a lot more of her constant babble.
Ruby will be a year old on the 25th of April...I can't even hardly believe that but mostly I can't believe it's been a year since I gave birth and my pants still don't fit!!!!
yesterday I was walking in the building and there was this stick figure girl with this little piece of fabric attached to her lower body that she obviously thought was a skirt and she was paying the pizza guy and hauling a big old pizza box up to her apartment...I have to believe that she was just the middle man and was then going to deliver it to someone else. She obviously only eats cucumbers.
I have recently become addicted to going to DI and finding small clothes for my children for a dollar. The other day we were there and we saw this really old homeless looking guy with gray hair and facial hair and he was asleep on one of the couches that was for sale, holding one of those nylon pinwheels that goes in the garden where each of the petals was adifferent rainbow color...I thought to myself...thank goodness my children got to see that...truly America at its finest...you just never know what you can find at DI...my favorite is how they sell stuff you can get for free in real life for like $3.
anyway...now I've updated myself in cyberspace.

3 comments:

marshall p said...

hi! I was out of town! I can't stop talking in exclamations! I really hope it ends soon. I'm with Jenny on this... I heart Erin.
see you soon (I hope!)
love,
mp

Cindy Bean said...

Look at that, three readers! I'm out of town too, but will be back later. I check your blog every day too!

bug girl said...

I have been out of commission to. But I came back and I read your blog. I am glad to know at this point in your accounting you are still alive and maternal.