Sunday, March 12, 2006

sundee

Today I taught a lesson on the Holy Ghost and personal revelation in Relief Society. I feel like this about it....'ummm...i think it could have been better...it's all a big blur....I feel a little sick to my stomach'....
I suppose there's always next second sunday of the month.
Then I came home 20 minutes before the end of the three hours, stepping on two old people in my row because there were people trying to say their feelings and no one could hear them for my unabashed banshee sisters. It was dumping snow today so that was really good. I love when you're inside and it's dumping snow..
So I got home and took a nap while my babies took and nap and then Ruby woke up after 1 1/2 hours so I got up to feed her. Aren't you glad you're reading this? I sure am glad to be writing it....blllaaaaahhhhhh, blah blah
anyway, I made this new recipe today for penne rustica with whole wheat penne and 1/4 cup of olive oil and onion and garlic and zuchinni (it was supposed to be broccoli, but come on, i hate broccoli) and a cup of chicken broth and 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese and salt and pepper and bacon.....YUMMM...of course we added the traditional Sanchez avocado but that was some good pasta...
I'm going through all my real simple magazines from the last 3 years and tearing out the pages I think I will want to refer to later....I'm realizing there is a tweezerman ad in every single real simple...strange. I have some tweezerman tweezers that I found in the hallway here at the Brigham apartments...of course I picked them up because they're expensive...they're lavender....i boiled them to get any foreign funk off them and they're great!
i digress.
I think being the last person to watch Walk the Line was a draw back because I had heard nothing but fantastic reviews and I somehow expected it to be a transcendant experience and leave me glowing with my car lubed and my teeth flossed but it was good. Just a movie...I kept focusing on Joaquin Phoenix's scar and getting mad for some reason. I really liked it but not as much as Nanny McPhee. Reese Witherspoon was so skinny though...her legs were like little girl legs.
My new food thing is making perfect white/gold pancakes and making more than I need and eating them later cold....i love me some flap jacks!! Also I bought some creme horns last night at Wal-Marticus and I feel a relapse coming on...I've been clean for 18 months but the gall bladder's out now so lardy creme can't touch me now....bring on the creme horns!

5 comments:

dr_b_rock said...

hi erin! remember me? I am a real simple saver as well, I made myself a cookbook out of all the yummy recipes. I love reading about your adventures with your kids, who seem to be (almost) as cool as their mama.

erin T to the S said...

of course I remember you, silly...it's so good to hear from you and know we're relatively 'in touch'...internettishly speaking. I know, good recipes...my favorite is the black bean soup...so good..
thanks for thinking my children aren't freaks. we think you're cool too!

Cindy Bean said...

OH my gosh, I went to mormon church today and LISTENED to a lesson on the holy ghost and personal revelation in relief society today. That's so crazy. Now, if I pretend that the teacher in my class was really dynamic and a fabulous dresser instead of quirky and a poorly chosen thrift store dresser, it would have been as if I was right there with you.

I taught the lesson in S.S. about Jacob and Esau and a mess of pottage and how it's important to get married under the covenant and i always thought it was interesting that they say "under the covenant" which sounds a lot like "under the covers".

marshall p said...

lou- isn't that why jews get married under a canopy?
I had that lesson last week taught by a cute boy in my ward who kept looking at me. He totally has a crush on me. how embarrassing for him.

erin- I have to go through all my magazines soon and get rid of some, but it's so hard. Luckily all the magazines I love have come out with books. Real Simple, Oprah, and Lucky all have books... I don't know. I can't let go I guess.

erin T to the S said...

xoxo