Saturday, April 01, 2006

church on saturday

I like conference. I like watching it and I love feeling good and learning things and remembering things I already learned. I realized today, though, that when the camera zooms into the conference center at the beginning, and it's like on the ceiling and then goes down to the choir, if I wasn't a Mormon and I just flipped the channel to conference, it FULL ON looks just like the starship enterprise in there! Have you noticed that? If it had little floating seats it would look just like the senate meetings in Star Wars...peculiar....curiouser....
I made chicken salad and orange cool whip, fruity salad and cut up strawberries and baked cookies and got all ready to have my aunt, Merri Ellen and uncle Charlie (whose real name is Robert) and my sister, Flarnk (whose real name is Jenny) and her husband, Kendall and their baby, Ethan come over to my house. They got here all around the same time...around 8:30-9-ish and Dellah's bedtime was at 8 so that gives a clue. Ethan was really cuddly and my babies were all crusty and moody and 'don't touch me or look at me or I'll scream and cry'...they totally don't get that you only really have kids so they can pick up stuff off the floor that you don't feel like bending to pick up AND so you can show them to people and have people think they're cute....today they weren't super cute...Dellah threw up in the sink after squishing her finger in the laundry closet door and Ruby wouldn't finish one single bottle without crying....sheesh...I gotta get me one of those babies that's just a little lower maintenance. My uncle lost 40 pounds by stopping the consumption of Mountain Dew and drinking water....food for thought. I forgot to bring in the cookies I baked from off the balcony so no one got to eat them and now I'm "stuck" with thirty of my favorite powdered sugar coated little balls of bliss while my husband is out of town for the next 3 days in Mexico AGAIN!!...man, you can take the Mexico out of the Man but you can't seem to take the man out of Mexico!!! It's the 3rd time already this year alone! crazy.
The Henri Bendel Pomegranate candle smells like how I picture my house in Heaven is going to smell...I wonder if we will be able to smell in heaven...ARE there smells in heaven? Dessert for thought...

1 comment:

Cindy Bean said...

I'm quiting the coca-cola and the vending machine. Your uncle is my inspiration.