Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sabado Gigante

(saturday april 22, 2006)
There's this one show that originates in Miami I think and all of Latin America watches it...It's called Sabado Gigante! and it's this variety show...so annoying. The announcer is like SAAABBAAADOOOO GiGANTEEEEEEEEE!
I was just thinking about that.
Anyway.
Today I got a sitter (his name is Gabriel) and I took a shower, got dressed, covered up my zits and my dark circles and went to encounter Cindy and Kim in REI. Then we went to encounter Steve 'Homeowner' Hansen and his wife Krista at their new house they bought. Then we all went to dum, dum, dum....THE BOMBAY HOUSE!!! Let me insert here that you can lie in your bed at night jonesing for that food and when you go and actually eat it, it is JUST LIKE your daydream or better...only more expensive.
It was so nice to see those folks and get in touch with my roots, so to speak, not that I'm uprooted but maybe I'm in a different planter or something. I had all these grandiose visions of Andi and Marsha and Emily being with us and then Marsha and Emily were gone to Vegas and Andi never got back to us.
sad. But glad I got to see them before they went off to Europe to cavort and try their luck at un-hostile hostels...fingers crossed. It sounds like cindy dropped a load of cash making sure she had every gadget for travelling so I hope she'll do REI proud.

(sunday april 23, 2006)
Ruby woke up this morning and couldn't eat because she couldn't swallow milk, her mouth was so full of sores and white headed chicken pox. She cried for an hour without stopping and I prayed for at least that long without stopping to know what to do since I was alone with her and Gabriel was speaking at ward conference. I finally called my mom and she told me to feed her through a syringe so I did that and 1ml at a time, she drank the milk. Poor, poor little missus. She really is a sore sight for eyes. I'm in a state of disbelief that she is going to be one year old on tuesday! unreal. I think my eyes refuse to see her as anything but a teeny baby.
I made pizza today. very good. Even made my sauce in the blender and grated mozarella and chopped onions and tomatoes and sprinkled corn meal on the crust...very good. Cindy left some oreo klondike bars here last night so that's for dessert...what would you doohooohooo, for a klondike bar?
My new food obsession is marshmallow popcorn balls...can't stop...can't stop....so good.
i love you.
xo
erin

11 comments:

emily said...

erin! you MUST try the microwave popcorn called "mallow magic" and i think it's jiffy pop brand. it's like a bowlful of orgasm. not that i know anything about orgasms; just what i've been told.

also, i wasn't in vegas because i had finals to take, but that means i probably wouldn't have been able to make it up there anyway. but i really want to see you and your babies. let's do something, fo real. like a thing with all the people. you know what i mean?

Cindy Bean said...

I don't know anything about orgasms either, Emily, so I would like to try this Mallow Magic. I've had the caramel stuff and it's not that great, but Mallow Magic sounds excellent.

Erin, I loved seeing you on Saturday! It was a fabulous beginning to an already excellent trip. I loved going to WalMart and Bombay House with you! I can't wait to see you on Monday and share all my adventures with you!

emily said...

ooooooohhhhhhhh mallow magic....

hey erin, i hope what marsha and i said on your previous post wasn't harsh and didn't offend you. because i just love you, that's all.

andi said...

Uhhh . . . I wasn't invited so I didn't know I was to get back to you. But I am SOOOO over that now.

I have, however, taken a vow of celebacy from the Bombay House until Katie gets back from her mission. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Stepchildren - I have stepchildren? Wow.

emily said...

why would you take that vow because of her? explain.

emily said...

shit, is it against the church to eat indian food?? man, i'm SO screwed.

andi said...

I felt the need to be suportive.

Well - it's not like I was going to give up sex. There has to be something to keep life in my Ivory-Homes Tower interesting.

I certainly didn't go so far as to give up "mallow magic" when feel the need for a Jiffy.

andi said...

Besides, I always feel so guilty after Bombay House. And can't Daniel FINALLY add something new to the menu?

Am I the only one of us wavering in my testimony of BBH?

marshall p said...

yes. yes you are the only one wavering in testimony. what is it that breeds contempt? familiarity? yep. it's breeding a little contempt in you right now.

Daniel's one famous waiter opened his own Bombay House Jr. on center street. maybe you could go there.

andi said...

There's a Baby Bombay? What? Is it any good? Where on Center Street and when can you meet me there?

marshall p said...

I haven't been yet, we should totally go with Emily A. and whoever else wants to come. I can go anytime you call me, baby.