Wednesday, April 05, 2006

serendipity of the first degree

So, aside from the point of the blog, may I insert here that, at some point in my life, I was exposed to tuberculosis by some nasty person who coughed in my atmosphere and have had a positive skin test for it for about 7 years or so. I recently started a regimine of medicine that I have to take every day for 6 months to kill all the lurking, dormant tuberculosis so that, some day, when my defenses are down, it doesn't crop up to kill me or whatnot...the problem with the medicine is that there are side effects, and, of course, when there are side effects possible, even for 1 percent of the people alive, they end up being MY side effects so, I can't seem to wake up in the morning and the whites of my eyes look yellow and some other things best left unposted...
ANYWAY...yesterday, tuesday, I decided to scrounge myself up off the couch and take a shower for the first time in days and put on something clean which ended up being my dorkiest whitish khaki pants and some stupid t shirt and sandals and no make up and I had just popped a zit on my chin that had been threatening to erupt for days which left a huge uncoverable red mark....I needed to get some student manuals for the family and marriage relations class that my mom teaches at the distribution center so I got this miraculous spot on the street in front of the JSMB and decided to run across the street even though the light was turning red and I have this whole stroller issue slowing me down...as I walked to the door I noticed in the huge picture windows that I should have totally paid more attention to myself and then I looked ahead and saw....Jared Clark and Suzanne Heaton....obviously I hadn't seen Jared in almost two years and Suzanne in more time that that so to think how close I was to not seeing them at all in 10 more seconds was baffling...I had to hug Jared a really big hug because he is not a small person and I wanted to make up for lost time. Notwithstanding the ugliness of my face and outfit, I think I felt the way we will feel in Heaven when we see each other and realize we are in the same place and it's been so long and we are so happy. I don't understand married people who act like they never had friends of the opposite gender before the got married or if the did, they are all chilly and weird to them...I was just so glad to see Jared! At least the babies looked cute and Dellah sang a rousing rendition of kinkle kinkle little star to them as we all stood in line at the distribution center. To make things better, as if they could get better, when I got back in the car, the song, 'Suicide Blonde' was on and that is a really good song (once in a long while).
Today we went to pick up Gabriel from the airport because he's back from Mexico. I didn't get a present this time but I informed him that every time he goes away, I expect a present. He seemed ok with that. I can't believe Mandisa got kicked off American idol. I so hate that Bucky Covington guy and I wish it would have been him but I guess those that don't vote don't really have a say.
I had a crown burger today and I think it is seriously one of the best foods on the green earth created by the Lord. My stomach still feels happy....except for that one little episode when I had to leave my family behind and tear off running for the bathroom when we got home....a small price to pay....I'd rather have to run every now and again that have that pesky gall bladder killing me every time I have greasy food. I got a book about the greek isles...I hope I go there some day...at the rate they're going, I'm pretty sure Cindy and kim willl make it around the world before age 35...as for the rest of us, we buy books at DI for a dollar. :)

7 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

Erin,
I love reading your posts on my blog because it means that there will be a new post from you!!! Seeing Jared Clark after a long dry spell is an amazing feeling. He's so enveloping.

And yes...Kim and I will make it around the world before the age of 35.

andi said...

Women Who Dare . . .

Friends, let me tell you about a woman who dared.

In the list of Margaret Mead, Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony, I would like to summit the name of one Mrs. Erin Sanchez. She's no celibate superhero who's face will grace postage stamps. No one will read her fearless missives in a high school textbook. But I will tell my generations through all eternity the tale of this woman.

This is a woman too brave to be lesbain lover to sociology with no nagging cries of fleshy off-spring. This is a woman daring enough marry a real man, reproduce (twice, in the amount of time that takes most women to just think about ovulating) and then she actually LEAVES THE HOUSE.

Does it even mater where she went or why she responded to the call? NO! The point here is SHE IS UNAFRAID. (By a show of hands, I would like to know how many of you reading this have spent an afternoon alone with two children under the age of 3 with nothing but a BLIZZARD to keep you company. I rest my point.)

Even when her first born takes a swan-dive onto concrete and, in the process, splits her lip wide open (and I do mean wide open) nearly knocking out one of her precious few teeth, Mrs. Sanchez dares to be completely cool.

In fact, "cool" is exactly the word for a mormon mother of two staring down a "Rescue 911 - Guts on the Floor" moment at DownEast outfitters.

Erin Tuttle Sanchez, I salute you. You are in my textbook of Women Who Dare.

-Andi Pitcher-Davis

bug girl said...

Around the world in 35 years. It would be great to do that. I am not so sure though, cuz that gives me, what 3 more years, Cindy gets 4 more years, so more than likely her story will be Around the World in 35 Years and mine will be Around the World in 36 Years.

erin T to the S said...

35, 36, who's really counting? it's still around the WORLD for goodness' sake!

erin T to the S said...

wow...I got all teary reading your nice thoughts, Andi...now, if only it were true...

emily said...

wow, i can't believe i've been missing out on your blog, erin. i'm totally engrossed.

i love a crown burger too.

andi, can i add that this woman also writes beautiful posts about her daring exploits?

erin T to the S said...

gracias amor.