Tuesday, April 11, 2006

woohoo!

I got to DI today to do my daily rounds (not daily but often) and I realized that they had marked everything up. Small baby t-shirts were like $4 and women's skirts and stuff were like $8 and I wish there was a font large enough for me to understand WHY ON THE EARTH THE MORMON CHURCH WANTS TO MARK UP STUFF THAT GOOD PEOPLE GIVE TO THEM SO THAT POOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO SAVE MONEY TO BUY A HOUSE CAN'T EVEN BUY A STUPID KID'S SHIRT WITH A BUNCH OF FOOD STAINS ON IT FOR LESS THAN $3!!!! It just irate-ifies me! It makes me have to think of new words for anger!! It's not enough that you're going to get something with someone else's funk on it but now you have to pay a dollar for each stain!
it's sick.
Anyway, I found some things that were still $1 and changed the tags on the ones that SHOULD have been $1 and got an Oilily dress for $3 and some brand new white leather nordstrom sandals for Dellah Faye and I found a copy of my very favorite book as a child for 5o cents...it is called 'Rabbit's New Rug' and I love it. Just seeing the inside graphics makes me feel all good inside. So, after I was done being totally embittered, I actually had a good day at a couple of DIs. Then I got a really bad stomach ache after trying to exercise so I figured that was some greater power telling me not to exercise so I had a Mountain Dew.
Have you ever thought that you want to go get a pedicure but your toenails are so gross you are just embarrassed? That's how I feel right now. I've never had a pedicure or a manicure or been waxed in any way or had my hair professionally dyed. Isn't that funny since I basically eat and breath the desire to be a beautyschooltician? I suppose the curse with that is that you feel like you should just do it yourself because you don't trust folks. It just makes you end up feeling gross and homemade..
Speaking of which, the homemade, not the gross, Gabriel made dinner tonight on account of my sick stomach...grilled cheese sandwiches....exquisite...even that tastes so good when you don't make it yourself. Have I mentioned lately that Gabriel is like the very best person ever? He is. And his bottom is cute too...
Right now we're watching the mexican news on channel 99...I suppose that's just one more way to tell that I must really love him.

3 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

I'm still slightly upset that you got to the Dellah name first. Although I'm going to go sans H at the end, so it's all good. I love Oilily. Kirsten might slit your throat for it though.

marshall p said...

Hi! I'm back from my trip, I don't know if you knew. I missed reading all about your life! D.I. totally pisses me off too! they think they're an actual store, not a CHARITY shop. dumb. anyway. I'm glad you got an oilily dress. ok. see ya later,
mp

erin T to the S said...

Cindy- Sometimes I think about changing Dellah's name to without the H on the end to avoid confusion but now I won't...I know..so lucky on the oilily and I didn't have to sit online and bid on e-bay or anything !!

Mahsha- welcome, welcome home! I'm so glad you're back on your mother soil. I can't wait to see you! you're coming on the 22nd to our girl thing right?