Wednesday, April 12, 2006

deliverance

Gabriel and I got invited to go to this luncheon for the Sons of the Utah Pioneers this afternoon in the upstairs of the Lion House. That house is pretty phat and if I were a little child of one of the 150 little children that lived there, I would probably be thinking I was pretty cool. So I was there in this lunch and a congressman spoke and was talking about the constitution and the pioneers and he said, "The French are always revolting" which of course has this double entendre and everyone laughed and I thought...how weird that all these people are here in the middle of the day on a wednesday eating yeast rolls with honey butter and thinking they can make fun of a whole country. I'm full on glad they didn't think to make fun of the Mexicans who just had this whole big 40,000 person march on sunday to boycott the emigration situation (good rhyme) because then I would have to get all up in their wrinkley faces and ring them a new one. We were talking on the way there about how we would start the organization called the sons of the Mexican pioneers and how just Gabriel and his brother would probably come...are they the sons of the pioneers that came to Utah or are they called that because they LIVE in Utah...I don't know but, Free Lunch, those are the only two words that mattered.
The relief society president, sister McCracken came to babysit and only Dellah was awake so that went ok since I handed her this whole container filled with skittles and M&M's when she walked in the door and Dellah was all over her like the S on a skittle from then on. She brought Dellah this little snow globe with glitter and whinnie the pooh as a peace offering and Dellah was like, 'yeah, whatever, give me the candy'. I would probably be the same way since winnie the pooh gets on my nerves.
Ruby will be one year old on the 25th and at one year, babies stop breast feeding or drinking formula and they can have whole milk so we've been substituting an ounce of milk with 5 of formula and 2 of milk with 3 of formula and so on until we were at half and half and then today I was like, ok, for a year now I have been buying two cans of formula every two weeks at $28 a can and I am so totally sick of spending $120 a month on powdered crud so I'm doing 6 ounces of whole milk and that is just that. I microwaved it. I shook it to distribute the heat evenly. I walked over to Ruby lying in wait for refreshment. I put it in her mouth and BAM! she just starting sucking....like it was what she had always drunk.
Hail to the financial freedom, the deliverance, the emancipation, the bill of divorcement from the nasty powder cans!!
now we have to find $350 to buy her a crib and a front facing car seat...
does this ever end? If it weren't for the large horchata at Betos...$1.83 of bebida refrescante I might blow a gasket!

1 comment:

andi said...

Front facing car seat? You know you have to get the Britax. Get the Wizard on ebay and put Della in it and bump Ruby up to what ever Della is in.

Trust me. Della will totally get into having a new throne. And the view, darling, is spectacular.