Friday, March 28, 2008

the good thing about the end

this week is over. It's one of those ones where I didn't accomplish even one thing and it's over before I even got going good. I don't mourn it's passing...que te vaya bien semana fea!
It's probably not over since it's only 11:42 am but I'm over IT...that's more like it.
I have 75 cents in the bank. How does this happen? I think it is called Easter/family over for easter lunch/honey baked hams are $44.
Yesterday I had one of those days where I was like, I'm going to Ross and I'm going to return this dress that I bought for an Easter dress that I didn't wear because it was stupid but I don't have the receipt so i will just have to get something in it's place.
This is one of my favorite scenarios. inevitably the 'thing' that replaces the returned thing is somewhat more monies than the initial purchase....
I don't even care.
I now have 3 maybe four shirts that make me feel cute and I am rebelling against the fact that I only have $1 - 25cents =ridiculously poor for 2 more days! My nemesis, Visa took care of those shirts for me and I'm sure I will hear the recourse heard round the world from my spouse but I'm like...next time put some candy in my easter basket, d**n it! Then maybe I'd have $6 in my account because I didn't have to buy my own rock candy suckers and lindor truffles.
inhale.
exhale.
(whispering) My children are sitting on the floor letting a wind up rabbit bounce across an over sized copy of the Rainbow Fish book and they are collaborating and laughing....I am whisper-typing this so that my contentment vibe doesn't stray far enough from the screen for them to sense it and promptly start fighting AGAIN!
INHALE.
great.
that's really good.
You should really start feeling this in your calves now...
keep it up.
nice.

ode to my orphaned endorphins....I think I will title a collection of poems ode to my orphaned endorphins as a way to somehow explain to myself why I am in a neverending state of chubbiness despite all the frozen hot chocolate and Cinnamon Toast Crunch I eat. Maybe just one poem. Then the collection can be called 'confessions of someone who really likes sugar'.
mysterious.
I am veiled in mystery.
I am one of those girls that leaves a trail of diamond questions and perfumed assumptions about my wonderfulness when I leave the room.
or something.

5 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

You did a good thing yesterday.

This post makes me want to go shopping and spend money I don't have.

erin T to the S said...

do it, do it, do it, do it...swipe, swipe...spend, spend!

Cammie said...

For maybe 2 weeks I was spend crazy and it felt so fine (and I wasn't even really shopping for myself). I wonder how I'd feel if it WAS for me. I should find out.

But now the back peddling--we don't have denaro, soldi, niete with all the student loans we have.

PS. Charlie and Lola looks really cute and I'm pretty sure Soren has never seen it. We'll have to check it out. I really like the illustrations.

kelly said...

erin, your posts are fabulous, like you. i just finished reading a book- intrusions by ursula hegi- it's about a woman trying to write her first novel while constantly being interrupted by her 2 kids, husband, etc... anyway, it made me think of your writing, but if you wrote something like that it would be even funnier. also, i think the title "ode to my orphaned endorphins" is poetry on it's own- beautiful.

erin T to the S said...

hee, hee..funny. a book about not being able to write a book...I could get behind that idea.