Thursday, April 03, 2008

up and at'em

I always thought this was up and ADAM but I've recently noticed that it is up and at'em which makes a little more sense. There are a lot of things that I am realizing in this 31st year of my life that have given me clarity. Like the real words to some Journey songs and most people are just as scared of you as you are of them or sometimes even more so which is very enlightening indeed.

MOVIE UPDATE...
I am the last person to see Dan in Real Life on the planet but I loved it. Come on now, Steve Carrell...how does he do it? so endearing.

Martian Child...so cute I cried like 4 1/2 times. Anything where John AND Joan Cusack are cast together is automatically so good.

Note to the secret service...with our cable you have to call the place or go online to buy pay-per-view movies...except at our house where all you have to do is press the button that says 'buy' and you just get it for free...we've gotten a bill and the 3 movies we've pressed buy for haven't shown up...we called one time for a movie and that one showed up....people.
this is a beautiful thing.
when they stop showing We Own the Night and No Country for Old Men it will be even better.
Don't tell anyone we are accidentally stealing movies it just kind of happens.

Today was Dellah's un-birthday at her school because school ends June 3 and her b-day is the 4th. She doesn't understand in the least degree why today with all the singing and gift giving and cupcakes is not her actual birthday and I am totally tempted to go with it and just skip the June one but I have to stand amazed at the contentment level of the Sanchez 3 year olds. They spent 3 days carrying around these little Martha Stewart kids magazines picking out their perfect party colors and cupcake decorations and whatever and then, last night they went to sleep and I made some cupcakes with pink icing and a little lime green swirl in the center and Dellah woke up and was like, "YESSS, I am so happy I made these beautiful pink cupcakes and they are pink and pink is my favorite color and I love these cupcakes mom...mom you are the biggest princess mom ever. You are big and you are a princess." I just did whatever the heck I wanted and she thought she had made the whole thing up and it was perfect. I also needed that other comment, not the one about being big, the one about the princess thing because the other day, while combing her hair too hard, she said, "YOU ARE NOT A VERY GOOD MOMMY AND YOU ARE NOT A PRINCESS!" apparently to her, not being a princess is the worst dis you can throw at someone. She has no idea the tiara collection I had before she was any more than a glimmer in the world...me, not a princess...what a joke...i'm incognito presently..

This is she and Ruby playing musical chairs (or not) in Dellah's class today.


Monday I took my little tiny girl to her first day of real preschool in a real elementary school where she looked like a little key chain trinket among all those big tainted by the world, unwholesome 5 and 8 year olds.

I cried. I don't know why it's that cry thing whenever small people do something for the first time or the last time...
anyway, she's having her 30 day trial in the class to see if the teacher thinks she's 'special needs' enough to be in that special needs class. If not, I'm not sending her to preschool to be devoured by other kids and then pay $150/month for them to do it...we read a lot here in this house. She's bilingual...she's cute...her life won't be so bad if she just goes to kindergarten.

So, anyway, that's that for now.
up and at'em people, up and at'em.

13 comments:

JenW said...

i just can't believe how much the two of them have changed since i last saw them. ruby looks positively OLDER! weird. i love you and i ache to live next door to you. it's a special want in my soul, i wish we were neighbors...one day, promise me, we can live out our cul de sac dreams, okay?

erin T to the S said...

you, me, cul de sacs...you can cook and I can something...I don't know...talk? freak out? SHOP! I'll shop.
perfect.
that would be loverly.

Cindy Bean said...

Your comment makes me wonder if there are people who don't like to shop for groceries, but do like to make food. I wonder if I could find those people, tell them that I'll buy whatever food they want as long as they pay for it and give me some of it to eat. Because I like shopping for the food, just the making it that I'm not so thrilled about.

I think you're the best prettiest princess ever! I think, for me, when I was a kid, the ultimate princess was the mermaid princess. I could be that when I was swimming.

kelly said...

yeah- my 3 year old tells me stories all the time about princess lucy, princess mommy, and pirate daddy... she can't decide if her brother is a prince or a pirate. i'll let her work it out, but i think in her mind pirates and princes are the same thing. pretty much i agree i'd take johnny depp in 'chocolate' (ohh la la)over cinderella's prince charming any day. can you explain to me why his dad has to find him a spouse and the duke has to go out searching for his 'true love'- don't get me wrong i love the story, but i'm not impressed with tiny feet or a prince who needs a shoe to remind him of who he danced with all night. i have the picture of our halloween pageant parade in my jewelry box where i look at it every couple of days and chuckle.

Shawna Wilson said...

Hey there Erin!! I'm so glad I got your blog address cause you are to darn funny! I love it...and your little gals couldn't be cuter. I think I'll die the day Taryn goes to preschool. What will I do with my time?! Anyway, I'm adding you to my friends...and it was good to see ya the other night! Shawna Wilson

Cammie said...

Yes, you are a princess. I love reading about the 3 year olds version of being a teenager. That is so funny that she tells you you're not a princess when she's upset. Too funny. She'll soon come to terms with the fact that you truly are a princess.

Soren's into kings right now and I think it's from the cartoon version of Robin Hood. He drapes scarves around himself just so and says he's a king.

PS. Is preschool each day for your girls? Soren just started and I'm a fan.

Cammie said...

PS. I was at a dance thingy for a studio that I teach at and I met a girl who looks like you. And she's a contemporary ballet teacher--you're a contemporary ballerina too. She was so beautiful just like you.

oh ya, sometimes princesses have magical powers and can appear here and there really fast. Maybe you have this power too and could come and cut my hair. I'm so ready.

Nordhoff Family said...

Of course you have a blog! I loving finding people that I am already friends with that have blogs! When I read your comments I feel like I am reading a novel! Have you ever thought about writing a book?

marshall p said...

cindy! do you know me at all?

andi said...

Dan in Real Life = Marco's Real Life!

erin T to the S said...

Cindy - I was always afraid of water so my princess was the up in the tower languishing princess.

Kelly- I just can't get over how funny little folks are. I'm glad to know yours do it too. And I wish I had a picture of that fateful evening...those were the days...

Shawna - welcome to my world! I'm so happy to see you!

Cammie - cutting your hair is the best thing ever. you can have any hair you want and still look amazing...but I would love to beam over to Scotland if, by chance I could see you AND James MacAvoy! Dellah's always looking for a King for her games...if only Soren were here...

Brittney - sorry about the spelling there if it's wrong...HELLO! you live 5 doors down and i'm talking to you on Blogger! how funny. Writing a book is right up there on the list of to do things. :)

Marsha - um...is my comment page supposed to be some sort of forum for fighting with Cindy now?
xoxo

Andi - I guess that's totally true. Lucky you, you get to be Juliette Binoche!

Jackie said...

You are funny. I tried the preschool thing for about 1 month and a half. I know what ya mean about all that. So, I still haven't seen Dan in Real Life and I really want to. I played hooky from my job yesterday 'cause I'm sick. I should've watched in then, but in real life I couldn't even get out of bed. I'm glad you're feeding your girls Raisin Bran. Mine eats a pop tart for breakfast and he thinks I'm the world's coolest mom 'cause King Soopers was having a "lets pretend we're not in a recession" sale on food and pop tarts were 50 cents a box and I let him pick out two boxes. ;)

erin T to the S said...

way to mom Jackie!