Saturday, March 01, 2008

sabado is saturday

It has been a week filled with the surreal. listed in reverse from most recent they are.
1. I just looked out my bedroom window to see my husband pulling out of the driveway in a white BMW but he had to stop for the other white BMW that was passing to get to its home down the street.
2. I went to Meridian Title Company yesterday and signed the words 'Sharon Tuttle by Erin Elaine Sanchez her attorney in fact' about 5000 times and now my parents are my neighbors.
3. I somehow spent $400 yesterday (which is, by the way just shy of all the money that I have for these two weeks) on food! (and some body wash and that Eckhart Tolley book that everyone's peeing themselves over to see if it's the shiz or not. I'll be the judge of that.
4. I woke up reluctantly on Thursday to find that Gabriel was working from home. Then I got my offspring dressed and we went to take Dellah to pre-school. As we approached the school there was an eerie lack of mile long line of parents in SUV's waiting to pick up their small children. There were no lines. There was no one. There was no school thursday. I would know this if my child were not a hoarder and didn't stuff papers and school calendars and bits of string and hair clips into strange and very small places where i find them weeks or months later which doesn't help me on thursday not to look like an idiot and doesn't help me period in the feeling that I have sufficiently passed OCD to an innocent child who is really alarmingly strange.

I think that's enough. I only got back 3 days and I can't remember wednesday and tuesday and it's all starting to freak me out anyway.
Freaky like the fact that I haven't really ever been a chocolate person at all, I'm more of a hard sugar/rock candy/blow pop person and lately I am completely engulfed in my need to eat see's candy and hershey's kisses. What is going on! I can't even help it. I'm chubby and I can't even help it. I have zits and I can't even stop myself. My hair is so ugly it makes me want to throw up all over the mirror and my pants are tighter and I'm like, BRING ON THE CHOCOLATE!
I have a problem.
Another freaky thing is that I cleaned out all my clothes the other week and got rid of about 123 pounds of clothing and shoes and decided that I would be my own Stacey London and get rid of all my little old navy zip up hoodie things which all happened to be black. And now what am I doing? well, people, now I am wearing my husbands boy zip up hoodie which is navy and too big and I'm wondering why I thought I was never going to ever be casual again with two toddlers and no housekeeper. Again. Self Sabbotage 101. Never expect too much of yourself people...it's just mean when you're cold in your house and you're not wearing your own hoodie. I don't care if navy is the new black, I want my hoodie.
The weather took a turn for the British today it looks like. I hope we get one more little snow and then let that be that. It's all been fine and stuff but when winter is over it's just over and i am over IT. Plus, then Snoasis can reopen and I can begin my warm weather addiction of shaved ice which makes me feel better than chocolate because it's technically just $3 water and you can wear short sleeves.
aaaaannnndddd....now it's raining.
I guess this is what saturdays are for. sitting. waiting for your spouse to return with your bag of easter wrapped hershey kisses because you just ran out of the valentine's wrapped ones and watching rain trickle all over stuff.

2 comments:

marshall p said...

I love you.

erin T to the S said...

hooooray...Marsha loves MEEEEEE!