Friday, September 28, 2007

Crik in the neck

Dellah woke up this morning and came to my room where she and Ruby proceeded to bounce around and wallow all over me in my groggy state. She thought it would be a great idea to try and do a head stand using the headboard to support her torso and legs....obviously, she's 3 and she doesn't know how to do a headstand so she collapsed wrong on her head and promptly was rendered incapacitated. She was hysterical basically and spent the whole morning lying on the sesame street placemat shoveling pancakes and eggs in her mouth or lying on the couch with her head turned the one direction it could turn and watching PBS. Around 1pm I decided she just wasn't perking up with the motrin and the therma pad that I stuck to her small little shoulder so I called the doctor and we got an appointment at 3:15. This is a problem for a lot of reasons but mostly because somewhere between 1:30 and 5pm both of those girls take a rather sizeable nap.....
there was no nap.
no nap and x-rays should never mix.
No nap and x-rays and strangers and strange metal x-ray beds should really never go even remotely together.
I have discovered there is a new volume beyond ballistic that I had no idea existed.
trauma.
The whole time we're there she's saying (in english so, of course he understood her), "I don't want Dr. Bancroft...I don't like Dr. Bancroft...I don't want him....no.....nooooooooo......". Then in his wisdom Dr. Bancroft offers Dellah a lollypop. She chose the blueberry cream safe-t pop and Ruby chose the lemon. The whole rest of the afternoon on the way home she kept repeating the mantra, "I love Dr. Bancroft....I love lollypops....Dr. Bancroft is my bes friend...he gives me lollypops..."
note to self....lollypop from the getgo next time around.
Ruby, of course spent 45 minutes wanting the blueberry cream lolly and hating the lemon one until I finally threw it away and she calmed down as if the very presence of the lemon safe-t pop was too much for her. I don't understand how she can be such a lemming. EVERY SINGLE THING that one of them has, the other one has to have it....especially Ruby....
note to self....whatever lollypop dellah chooses, just get the same one for Ruby even if it is the flavor of curdled spleen....

The universe has eaten all of my bobby pins. I don't understand this at all since I have bought, singlehandedly, in my entire life, thousands of bobby pins. All colors, all sizes, all newfangled ways to make them stay in better and not rust and blah blah and I have not even one single bobby pin with which to sweep the hair from my brow.
I was figuring the other day that I have done the wedding hair for about 7 girls and each head of wedding hair probably used at least 50 pins if not more but one of the people was me so that means I should have 50+ bobby pins and I have nill.

I don't know who has heard the Mandy Moore CD that just came out a little bit ago called wild hope....I was completely unprepared to like it so much. I mean, really, she sounds like Shawn Colvin and Beth Orton and the Dixie Chicks all at the same time. I didn't fast forward through any songs and there are about 4 or 5 of them that are just really, really good. Who knew? If you want to hear mine first before you buy it, you can but you should probably just buy it if you like singer/songwritery songs.
Also have you seen that show on Sundance channed called Iconoclasts. Ok, you need to find a way to watch that show. It's two famous people that have been really successful in their own fields and are friends visiting with each other and doing cool things. I was unprepared for how much I was addicted to this show at first viewing. Now that the snoasis snow shack is closed for the next 9 months, I have to do something and I want to watch this show all the time. It's like Eddie Vedder and Laird what's his name who is married to Gabrielle Reece and is a pro surfer and Mikhail Baryshnikov and Alice somebody who is the mother of organic cooking. Quintin Terentino and Fiona Apple.....Michael Stipe and Mario Batalli...
so good.
i mean, really....SO good.

I'm so glad it's friday.
I am seriously so glad it is friday.

5 comments:

andi said...

Well if you get bored you can always come over to my house and watch Richie Sambora smoke behind the treatment center he swears he isn't in through my broken down fence. The new batch of paparazzi showed up today ... and they're FRENCH!

Cammie said...

Hi Erin, So fun to find your blog and see photos of you! Your girls are so darling and so are you. I'm feeling Dellah's neck pain right now with a nice crik in the neck too!

I think there is a bobby pin gremlin that takes them in the night. Seriously, wouldn't it be interesting to track the lives of bobby pins?. . Where they end up. OK, maybe not but I have thought about it.

So fun to see what you're up to!

bug girl said...

So, what was the outcome? Will Dellah live? Will Ruby get her one neck crik to show you she has a neck too? Will Erin crack open her vacuum to find a bobby pin? I need to know the rest of the saga.

erin T to the S said...

all these comments from lovies!
Andi-that's hilarious ask them for lots of francs

cammie- oh my goodness, Hi! I'm so glad to see your voice! maybe homing devices are the wave of the future for bobby pins

Kim- the rest of the story is that Dellah had whiplash and the next morning was like nothing happened...Ruby's MRI results were totally normal which is both frustrating and good but no whiplash for her yet...a lovely neck though. I need to get a vacuum that automatically spits out small slender metal objects and problem solved.
xo

Cindy Bean said...

I need to remember to bring lollypops and bobby pins to your house next time I come over to bribe all the ladies therein.

Are you coming down on Friday? I get to see you!