Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Too much pink

You know how in France they're always talking about that vie en rose or however you spell it? I think that's dumb. It's just a place. Am I supposed to actually think that the light in a place is actually pink just to feel even worse about my current location which is not that pink place?
Speaking of Pink, I have been going to DI lately and finding some good things for winter for my Dellah who is much taller than she was last year though she doesn't weigh any more so she looks like a shoe-string with a tennis ball for a head. Anyway, I'm buying these taller clothes for her and they all seem to be sort of pink. This goes against my general philosophy to this point about dressing little girls and it's a smidge disturbing but I don't know what to say other than the fact that other little girl's mothers are buying them all this pink stuff and if I am going to shop at places where those mothers give their discarded pink-ness then I should just be quiet or spend real money on clothes of the color I choose. Of course, the Oilily shirt that I found was green and blue....that's right...Oilily for $1....nice...thank you shopping spirit...
I just went on this trip with my children where the flight was 1 hour and 20 minutes and I am hereby traumatized. It was so good to see my family of which these are the parents (my dad was actually way more thrilled than he appears.) Also we saw my other families which are my brother Nathan and his wife and their boys Cannon and Collin and my sister, Jenny and Kendall and their kids Ethan and Avery. Don't let this picture of Ruby fool you into thinking that she was at all happy the entire trip. she wasn't. I'm glad my family got to witness the mayhem firsthand to understand that it's a little much. She is cute but she packs a punch.

Dellah found quickly that my nephews have most everything you can imagine, not the least of which was a pirate costume which was much too large that she wore everyday for some time. Again, Lewi is a veritable chameleon, extremely adept at hiding his enthusiasm.

For any of those who are familiar with me as a human at all, I hope you are fixating yourself on the fact that I can now post pictures as well as words and are applauding from the rafters at my electronic genius (albeit 10 years behind everyone including my 8 year old nephew). Small steps. little tiny small steps. One of these days I'll get a pay pal account so I can start that business on e-bay. yep...one of these days.

I've been awake since 5:30 when I went to take my Ruby to have another MRI and get sedated and have that creepy sleep where you don't look like you're alive anymore. At least she got a build-a-bear workshop winnie the pooh out of it. Primary Children's is really good at giving toys to their patients who have been brave. I'm so glad the people that donate the toys went to Build a bear workshop and not the dollar store. She actually couldn't walk in a straight line the rest of the day and she kept falling over and crying so hopefully tomorrow she's snapped out of it.

Just for fun, why don't I put another picture on here because I can....let's see...



this is when gabriel and I went to a wedding a little while ago. I look scared but I'm not scared.


And this is my beautiful child that I named Dellah Faye who I really love because she is hilarious among a lot of other things.


And this is my child who I named Ruby Claire who is beautiful and wonderful and hard and worth it.

Now that I can do this picture thing you will see what we look like and love us all even more than you already do...with all your souls....right?

7 comments:

andi said...

Yes! yes! yes! yes! You deserve praise. The pictures are great and ebay is going to be even better. I am going to start selling tomorrow. Onward and upward, sister.

andi said...

Hey - do you want to go to that wedding on Friday?

erin T to the S said...

Andi- those folks confirmed and I can't...I am so sorry I totally forgot to call and I broke my cardinal rule of no flakiness after labor day. What are you selling?

Cindy Bean said...

Erin, congrats on putting up photos! It's not too terribly hard once you've figured it out.

I feel like our conversation was terribly one-sided last night (on my side) and there were so many things not about me that we could have talked about especially after seeing this post. I'm also sorry I had to cut the conversation short. Your family is so beautiful.

erin T to the S said...

cindy - I felt the opposite. I talk way too much. Thanks little miss.

Becca said...

Erin, I found your blog via Michelle Call's blog... long time no type! :) Your family is absolutely beautiful! It is nice to see old faces from good times.

xo
Becca (Jasinski) Griffin (in case you were wondering which becca from out of the blue is posting on your blog)

erin T to the S said...

Hi Becca! oh my goodness, it's so good to see you. I want to know what you're doing and how many offspring you have and where you live. Let's e-mail. Madresanchez@gmail.com