Thursday, October 04, 2007

who knows what day it is

I have been amazed since I got married 4 years ago how fast time seems to have gone. Before I got married, somehow it seemed really slow and like you could be in one moment for a week. Probably that's because I went to sleep at 2am and woke up at noon if I were being consciencious...1:30 if I were being lazy. Seriously, I don't get it. I wonder if it's these last days that are actually speeding up as we plummit ever closer to the sun and our eternal burning.
Anyway, I feel like I was just coming home from church and now it's going to be friday again.
I took my 3 year old girl to preschool on tuesday and again today. It was two hours both times and the normal errands were, oddly, not any easier without her around. This leads me to my sneaking conclusion that until Ruby is also in some form of outside education, most every outing will suck in some form. I find myself thinking....when is this two hours going to be up so I can go get my sane child who can entertain my basketcase. Ruby, who thinks that Dellah's name is also Ruby (maybe I've mentioned this before?) spends the whole time we're out and about questioning "donde esta Ruby?" I might have thought she was playing hide and seek or being existential unless I was very familiar with the fact that she thinks her sister is herself. "come on, Ruby!...let's play, Ruby!....I want what Ruby has!...where is Ruby?" or from underneath dellah who has tackled her, a muffled, "ROOOOOBEEEEE!". It's straddling the line between creepy and endearing. We'll take endearing.
I went to the park with them yesterday to break up all the monotony and found myself wondering how follow the leader could possibly BE so complex! then we laid down and rolled down grassy knolls and went down a slide shaped like a castle turret 400 times.
I was happy to know that I still slide down slides and can fit between those unforgiving upturned metal sides.
It was so windy outside our voices were going the other direction from our mouths and I returned to the car having realized that severe wind conditions are actually a very effective hair product in my personal case. You just can't bottle that kind of action.
I'm at that place again....the dinner place. clueless. unmotivated....
I'd really like the penne rosa from Noodles and Company but I don't think that'll fly since Gabriel will get home at 7 and these hoodlums go to bed at 8.
It's the proteins that kill me. I just hate cooking meat. It just takes too long.
I got an entire pumpkin for 87 cents yesterday. Have pumpkins always been this cheep?
I looked at myself through squinted eyes today in the mirror and found that I was wearing khaki pants and a really cute pink sweater shirt and a gold necklace with turquoise beads hanging from it and navy blue shoes....I think I should stick with black and it's relatives because when it comes to color, I seriously think they all match and end up looking like a color explosion. Maybe it was the khaki....I don't think I can go there with confidence yet. Preppy is alluring and everything but it's a real commitment. You can see lumps through khaki...

7 comments:

andi said...

Today I was looking for someone to give me a metal because I cooked all 3 meals for my kids. Amazing that women around the world do this everyday. As for protein ... our top two are cottage cheese and frozen shrimp, by far the fastest proteins around.

erin T to the S said...

Cottage Cheese? who knew this is a protein? nice. We eat this all the time.
The best part was that Gabriel called completely unprompted on his way home and said, "Do you want to go eat at Red Robin?" and I was like.....ummm....ok....sure.
hee hheee

Cindy Bean said...

I made this and it didn't take that long and it tasted real good and it had meat in it. Needs more salt and some cheese or sour cream though. Mmmmm...

Black Bean Chili

erin T to the S said...

thanks, Betty C...it looks super appetizing. I'm sure Gabriel will love it

bug girl said...

Protein, that is my problem too. I don't like the cooking the meat thing. I don't want to live on dairy. And I hate eggs. What do I do then? Well, I eat lots of simple carbs and run a lot, and at the end of the week I think have I eaten any protein this week besides the fortified stuff that might be in processed food but doesn't give you the same full feeling as the real stuff?

Good luck.

erin T to the S said...

thanks kim....good luck to you, too.

marshall p said...

sloppy joes. I posted the recipe on my blog.