Thursday, September 13, 2007

later

some posts like the one this morning need to be written in order to feel lighter on the inside. I acutally buttoned a shirt with the tags still on it that I bought 3 years ago and have never worn after i wrote that post. Necessary evils.
Last year I was in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert as one of the processional dancers. It was pretty neat. I auditioned on tuesday to do it again this year so we'll see if I make it. There are four nights of auditions. I went on the first one because I don't got a whole lot else goin' on. There were only 2 other people out of the 60 there who performed last year. I'm pretty sure the rest of the repeaters will go tonight or next week but if it was just based on tuesday, I'm pretty sure I get my spot back. The funny thing is that apparently, they're using the costumes from last year which are pretty awful but I weighed about 30 pounds more last year than I do now (a pharmacieutical problem) so I'll have to have my own costume altered. At least taken in instead of let out.
Some guy with very sculpted hair from last year was talking to me at dinner before one of the performances and he said, "yeah, I remember you from the auditions....I remember being surprised at how well you moved".....yeah....NOT COOL. Apparently I looked like I had eaten a few more sugarplums than a fairy. If you can dance, you can dance so there. those are the kinds of things that stick with you though, you know? Even when you can button your small shirt from 3 years ago.
The snoasis shaved ice place closes on saturday....I'm trying to prepare early so as not to have a major problem. Maybe I'll go down from an x-large to a large tonight to start weaning.

My advice to anyone contemplating the action of taking apart a car seat to wash the coushins and hardware because they are non-functional due to layers of what-not caked on them is this...1.do not do it and 2. do not do it when you have to be somewhere in 1 1/2 hours. I honestly think it might have been worth $150 to have avoided the whole scene.

My other advice is to watch the motorcycle diaries if you have not. besides the Gael Garcia Bernal quotient, it's pretty amazing. I watched it again for the whateverth time today and was reconverted to communism and latin america....mostly just latin america.

I have a night off tonight. I will do some things in silence for myself. no radio, no talking, no screaming mimis, just the swirling, unorganized train of my thoughts. I'm hoping for some Hall and Oats on the Loud speaker at Ross maybe. Maybe someone cutting me off in traffic. The usual.

3 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

Dang it! When you called, me and Whitney were just painting my apartment. You could have come over and hung out with us! Dang it!

Doesn't it feel good to put on those clothes?

andi said...

A night off? You married a very nice guy! I want to cruise state with you next time.

erin T to the S said...

cindy- that leaves me feeling woeful in my places of deepest woe...shoot!
Andi- I much prefer the back parking lot of Beto's to state street :)