Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm up too late.

Some people say someone is crazy by saing they're 'up in the night'...hm...interesting. I'm definitely up but I don't see that as incrimination. I didn't say it before but I went and saw the Pirates of the Caribbean the other day and, might I add as a parental aside, I fully buy my children happy meals too often so I can get the toys from the Pirates stuff...have you seen those? It's hilarious. Ruby totally has this red doo rag that velcros in the back and dellah has this actually pretty awesome inflatable sword and this stuffed south park looking Johnny Depp doll...and the box for the happy meal has punch out pirate eye patch and ear ring and medallion! Come on now! It's like too good to be true. Anyway, I went to see the movie and I have to say, I got that giddy !YYESS! feeling several times. I don't remember Captain Jack having quite such obviously fake dread locks in the first one thought which was my only draw back...I kind of liked the stringy, scraggly mess a little better but the voodoo lady in the swamp? Oh my freaking goodness...I full on wanted to BE HER! I noticed the filmmaker tried not to put Orlando Bloom in the same shot with Johnny Depp so as to prolong the generalized assumption that Orlando Bloom is in some way remotely good looking as anything besides an Elf....in reality, Johnny Depp made everyone in the movie look abismally ugly...poor unfortunate mortals. I did find myself not hating Kiera Knightly though and thinking she was cuter than I have before....some of those sword fights were on par with the time Yoda fights in the second new star wars or was it the first...ooops, I don't know.
Today was Pioneer day and we took the progeny to the park to play and I quickly realized that all the other parents were just kind of lying around watching their children play and we're like following ours around and doing everything with them...someone could totally get hurt or stolen or something! what's wrong with those people. If they would have actually been up on the huge play thing they would have noticed that some degenerate smeared an alarmingly poop-like substance all down the twisty slide which could have produced a stain that even Oxy Clean can't get out....
Last night Dellah was sitting in her high chair eating and she just busted out the name "Bonnie Raitt" which is so weird because a really really long time ago, she asked me who was singing on the music at DI and I told her, Bonnie Raitt...a steal trap, I tell you, those small people have minds like steel traps.
man, I can totally picture the scenario when you talk in your family about some taboo issue or person and your kid totally goes and tells everyone or that person what you said....
I watched the movie, 'she's the man' today...why?
I have no words.
Gabriel says he has a surprise for me on friday having to do with our anniversary....I didn't realize before in my life but I'm pretty sure I hate surprises. No control...what IS it!? crap.
Have you heard that Paris Hilton song? what is up with the fact that it's actually not horrible? that girl sold her soul to the darkside...I totally know it.
My dad helped me buy a giselle the other day...the exercise thing from that spasoid with the huge muscles and the fake ponytail...tomorrow is my first day with no company and no Utah holiday to start my road to fitness and fake ponytails. I bought this random dress at DI the other day that I have hung on a hanger as my inspiration....It's not that inspirational in and of itself but I'm pretty sure the right bag and awesome shoes will take it over the top.
her I come no pecan sandies and no coca cola (except on special occasions) and no popcorn balls....
ok, I think I already fell off the wagon there...too many no's.

8 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

I almost got the McDonald's happy meal the other day just because of those cool toys. They just don't have enough fries. Feasibly I could buy another bag of fries to go along with it.

Don't you get too hot running around after your children in the park?

I have no idea what a giselle is and I've never heard the Paris Hilton song. I must investigate.

erin T to the S said...

yes, yes...investigate and just get the $1 value fries to augment your kids meal...maybe another burger too and another drink...heh, heh...oh, WAIT, I think you can buy the toys just separately for like a buck...check that.

Cindy Bean said...

But there's no fun in that. You have to get the bag with it. For some reason, I feel like they've brought the box back to happy meal land, is that true, did they bring the box back?

erin T to the S said...

of course...the box is half the fun. you're right

bug girl said...

I am so in the dark, except that I did see Pirates. But I haven't been near a McDonalds to even know that the box was gone and is now back and the toys include a Jonny Depp guy for me to hug and kiss. I miss McDonalds. I miss McDonalds. I miss McDonalds.

Paris Hilton sings? Paris Hilton isn't the devil, she only sold her soul to him?

Fake ponytails on Erin? Hmmm, what color.

We went to a small parade in my town, and wow did we score lots of candy. We sat at the beginning and on the side of the street without other children and that meant no competition for large amounts of candy (only it was all salt water taffy).

erin T to the S said...

I seriously hate salt water taffy.
you should really find a micky D's kim...

marshall p said...

funny. I knew exactly what you were talking about on every little thing you mentioned. hmmm. also I'm not going back to check the date, but considering the whole thing with the little girl who was killed last week, I thought your comment about the complacent Utah parenting was particularly prescient. (who's the big dummy now, bitches?)

p.s. Wendy's kid's meals have CRAP ASS toys. f.y.i.

erin T to the S said...

it's LIZ!!!! hellooo liz! It's so nice to have a connection in the middle of these united states. I know about the wendy's, Marsha...those toys go straight in the trash