Sunday, July 23, 2006

initiation

So I am now a real Mexican. I have had visitors in or around my house for 10 days from Mexico City. Gabriel's old mission companion and his wife and their two beasts, I mean, boys, ages 4 and 6 and his wife's mother came to town and we have been out late and eating out and out of money and out of our minds for over a week. I thought Gabriel, the king of order and anti-chaos was going to blow a gasket with those obnoxious children slobbering and putting their feet all over everything we own. They are so nice thought, really. The grandma had me pick yarn so she could make Dellah a sweater and Ruby a blanket and SHE DID! in like two days! It was like bionic knitting! And they totally cooked for us two or three times making enchiladas and mole (pronounced molay and not the actual underground creature fried up in a tortilla) and rice and etc. I suppose for my initiation into latinaism and being fine that anyone at any time comes to stay or visit at your house for however long they want, this was a pretty good one because they actually stayed in our friend's apartment that are out of town right now so we had some space to breathe and our children could sleep in their own beds. All we had to do was have the Coca-Cola free flowing and they were pretty happy.
not to mention that they took a break from spending thousands of dollars on preppy Polo and Tommy Hilfiger clothes to come with me to DI where they dropped a whopping $280 (I didn't even know that was possible because I think my all time high was like $48 and they didn't even buy 'small as is'...just clothes.....amazing.
I think they may have been good luck as I found yet another Oilily item for $3....I uttered an audible YES!
Speaking of three, we will have been married for three years on wednesday the 26th so we're going to leave the babies for longer than five minutes and hope for the best (we'll be gone about 2 1/2 hours.)
Gabriel is talking to a Head Hunter about some other possibilities for us so we might be relocating. That's about all I can say about it without getting sad so I'll stop. Not really sad about a new adventure, I just don't deal very well with change.
I noticed while these visitors who kind of do and don't obey God were in town that it just isn't worth it to me to be blase about the gospel. There are just so many things that have got to be done right if this little life is going to end the way it's going to have to stay forever and ever and it all depends on now....it's just dangerous to play with forever thinking tomorrow is a sure thing. I'm not that brave.

Tomorrow is the Pioneer day parade here in downtown Salt Lake. It's hot as blazes outside and there are these freakshows out there laying on the grass since 7am all up and down the road saving their 'spot' when I'm going to walk out there tomorrow and stand right smack dab beside them. amazing. Amazing. I do think I'll go sleep outside the new IKEA they're building here though because apparently, they give really good things to the first 100 people at an openinig.
You gotta choose your battles man.
Dellah just slammed her cheek into a wooden chair and is holding a small bunny filled with ice on it. It looks like we beat her because she has a huge bruise already. She woke up from her nap today and fully speaks like a grown up. It's eerie because yesterday she didn't do that....even this morning. Ruby has not been informed that she is a baby and has limitations besides just that and that she can't do stuff. She wants to walk around and leave the house and drive the car and fly a plane when she can't even crawl with both legs under her yet. She must not have gotten the memo that she's about two shakes shy of the short bus....She's truly beautiful my little Ruby. I love that baby.
Good thing about Utah is that tomorrow is a holiday and I get my Gabriel all day long. Maybe I'll get a nap!!!!!
just think of it.

2 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

Did you have fun having Gabriel around all day? I wish we got Pioneer day off here. I wish the church would make it a Mormon holiday along with April 6th and then we wouldn't have to go into work for religious reasons.

I want to see the sweaters that lady made. That's amazing. Can Marsha knit that fast?

erin T to the S said...

I think this Senora would definitely give Marsha a run for her money but they're not as cool as stuff she would make. I know...when Pioneer day is only a holiday in one state you're a little isolated with your celebrations