Friday, August 04, 2006

mechanical bull

Last night we went to this work thing for the 'Firm' and there was a western theme. Everyone got a bandana of their choice upon entering....there was also a mechanical bull....I was immediately intrigued. I wanted to. I could not deny it.
And then reality hit and I realized that I didn't know these people from Gabriel's work and they were all standing around watching everyone ride and I have never been one to take a public chance unless I'm pretty sure I'll succeed or am surrounded by cheering supporters....Mechanical bulls aren't really up my alley and yet...kind of they are...
Not to mention the fact that when law firms have parties they spend a gagillion dollars on prizes and the prizes for the best femal bull rider were two moves and a cool metal box AND AN IPOD!! That was the clincher. I stood in the line like three times and then turned around and wandered back to Gabriel and the girls pretending I hadn't just stood in line....
then I just decided to do it and I had to sign a waiver on my life and then I mounted the beast....I watched that one move with luke Perry that one time about bull riding so I wrapped my bandana around my hand and squoze my thighs and the rest is history....
bull riding is a lot harder than it looks or than one might think. I pulled a muscle in my bottom. But I was so proud of myself like exceedingly proud in a freekish way because I totally did something I was afraid to do. Then we left before the prizes because Gabriel didn't feel like staying....obviously not as important for him...
We've been to a neurologist, had an EEG and and MRI for Ruby in the last week. I just felt like we had to get to the bottom of all this...it's just too much crying and too little normalcy. Of course all the things were normal and we're waiting on another test but we're pretty much in the dark where Ruby's concerned. At least it's not her brain...everything else is pretty much treatable at least.
The next thing will be another EEG to see if she's having seizures.
fun stuff.
the stuff that dreams are made of.
the nightmare kind of dreams.
My little sister is moving to Arizona in 3 days. I'm sad about it. I don't like the idea one bit but what can I do? Sisters are great things.
Gabriel and I went salsa dancing last weekend and he told me that If I meet my goals for health and fitness (my goal is to lose 40 pounds by Christmas) he'll fly me somewhere with really good shopping and give me money to shop!
I love Gabriel.
Now on to the health and fitness part....

4 comments:

bug girl said...

I tried to leave a post just a second ago and something happened and now I must try to recreate it. Basically I said: Wow, you are my hero. I don't think I ever would have had the balls to get on the bull. I would have sat around watching and cheering strangers secretly wishing I could get up the nerve to sit on the bull. In the end I would only be a watcher and not a doer.

marshall p said...

I'm so proud of you! I wish I had a picture of your mechanical bull-riding. then I could put it next to the picture of my dad, live bull-riding. it would be so subversive.

Cindy Bean said...

I'm jealous! I don't think I would have ridden the bull unless I knew at least half the people there. There is so much innuendo that goes along with it too.

erin T to the S said...

hoooray for me!! I did something brave!!