Monday, January 04, 2010

it's a man child

that's right people...the sanchezes are making a boy...as we speak. What we will name said boy is a hurdle. girl names are just better than boy names but I'll work it out. It doesn't help that Gabriel hates the name I have arrived at after having my 10 year name of choice used twice in the last 6 months...he seems to think that he has a right to name his child or something....
i object.
if you can't push the baby out, you can't have final say in what the baby is called. I don't negotiate. You know how many times a mom says the name of her kid on average per day? It has to be upwards of 500 times. I went to Ross today and must have called Dellah 75 times. then in DI i think i easily said Ruby's name 168 times....when they're both together, let's say in Target I spend the ENTIRE TIME saying some form of, 'Dellah y Ruby! vengan por favor....ahorita....Dellah y Ruby...me estan escuchando?"

yeah, when you get home at 7pm 5 days a week, and you think you're gonna decide the name of MY kid that I get to call 437 times while you're gone, you've GOT to be kidding me.
If only we could agree.
If only Gabriel didn't like the name....nevermind....perhaps some of you like the names he likes too but we gotta work this out, people.

three words: Sherlock Holmes
two words: Robert Downey Jr.
one word: yessssssss

other word: Avatar
something else: pretty amazing how much it makes you want to have a tail and no nose to speak of after 3 hours of 3-d glasses

current food cravings...chili cheese fritos
current need to go to the bathroom....urgent

12 comments:

Baker said...

Yay for boys! And yes. 100% mom should have final say on the name. ;)

bug girl said...

Wow!!!! A boy. This makes me so very happy.

I agree on that whole Sherlock Holmes thing. But I have not seen Avatar, so you wanting a tail and no nose kind of disturbs me.

holly said...

i agree with you on the whole name issue for your new little man!!! i like the name you have for him....gabriel will like it too!

so excited for you! can't wait to see him!

love the craving.....sounds tasty! eat some for me!

love you!

Katherine said...

you were right! good luck on the name choice. i just decided i'd start referring to my unborn as what i want her name to be. that way, when she's born, it will be weird to call her anything else. buz doesn't respond when i do that, but i don't care. it makes me feel better.

Nordhoff Family said...

I am seriously so happy for you! I loved Avatar too! Haven't seen you in a while- miss you!

Taryn and the boys said...

CONGRATS!! boys are fun, crazy but fun, and he'll have three moms for his very own. now if we could come up with a girl one of these years. go luck with boy names i think they are totally hard too.

emily said...

oh erin, a little boyo! that's the best.

i think you should call him what the word verification is for this comment: ringuss

JenW said...

loved holmes! did you know that hugh laurie's House character was based on sherlock? true. it is important to agree on the name thing...good luck to ya! so glad he's a boy!!!!!

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

YAY! We love boys at our casa, too!! Boy names are HARD hands down... we had to come up with two of them and that was a stretch. Good luck with the negotiation process. We sure miss you guys!! Let us know when you finally bless this little guy and we will totally be there!!

Kristine said...

Boys are the BEST!!!! So fun to be able to have boys and girls in your family!

Katie Corbridge said...

You totally knew it! How happy are we for you and fact that you get to use all your cute baby boy clothes you've been holding unto! That baby will be the best dressed boy on the block (your girls are already the cutest girl dressers)! Loved your post "Man Child" - totally cracked me up! You are so witty and funny! Congrats!

Cammie said...

Congratulations Erin!! I'm so happy for you!