Friday, February 27, 2009

mysterious ways

The Lord told me not to buy and Acura and to keep my Chrysler Pacifica. What kind of answer is that? If I didn't have such a long history of customer satisfaction with this particular prayer answerer I would file a complaint or try and negotiate. Like, "what do you mean I can't have that luxurious SUV? are you crazy? Do you know that Chrysler is on the short list for financial demise? yes, I understand that I wanted the Chrysler and I should have thought of that first.... Would it help if I said I could settle for the Rdx? NO? seriuosly? maybe I should give you a couple minutes since a few folks are probably in hospitals asking for help and Carrie Underwood is probably about to get in a car wreck and need you to take the wheel? ....no?....."

whatever. I guess I don't need a car that talks to me and cradles me deep in the arms of Japanese engineering while promising endless resale value and good gas mileage.

I'm sure there will be some clarity at a later date.
or something.

My chldren are hiding in a corner between the couch and a chair from some feind who is looking for both Hello Kitty AND that defenseless Corelle baby doll with the pacifier attached to her pink pajama outfit. This is very serious. They're whispering and have decided that the Bob the Builder Jack-in the-box is going to put the potential victims to sleep so they won't be feared for their lives. I don't care if they're playing south american drug cartell personally if it involves this much whispering. I can hear myself think............eh......overrated.

I got paid today for my efforts as a domestical facilitator ie my husbands automatic deposit came through today since tomorrow is the end of the month and it's not a business day tomorrow. I have allotted myself a nice portion and am now sitting here on the couch watching my children whisper and frolic and thinking of all the ways I can spend 90% of it today....Gabriel isn't going to be home until 11pm so I could :

go to DI for a disgusting amount of time and buy unnecessary stuff
Take my children to the movies AND get movie snacks
Go to Ross and (see DI description for the play by play)
Go to TJ Maxx for more of the same
Go to Target where I actually have a $20 gift card to alleviate the receipt total a smidge
Take my children somewhere stimulating and educational that they would love and I would hate
Speak with local political leaders re. Utah's part in the world issues George Clooney is interested in
ummmm....
I think I'll just take it easy and go to DI.
overstretching my expectations only leads to disappointment

6 comments:

The Family said...

Ah Erin, welcome back to the world of blogging. I love reading about your life and I love you. I say take the money to Ross and TJMaxx only because I can never find things at D.I. I just don't have the natural gift that you have of beautifing things. My stuff has to come that way or else it can't be in our house.

Anyhow, when can we get together again? I need you in my life!!!

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

My vote is DI. We have an AWESOME DI by our house. Seriously, we are talking sheer addiction here! It is so bad that every time I even turn to drive down the street for anything (even if our final destination is not the DI), my usually easy-going Liam starts howling and screaming like an animal in captivity.

JenW said...

what did you find at DI?

erin T to the S said...

Ange - I used to drive all the way to bountiful to go to your DI so I know what you mean only my girls ADORE DI. it might be a gender thing.

Jenny - I got like 14 books that look so good I wish I had 28 pairs of eyes and I got these really cool framed and matted flower pictures...and some kid's clothes, you know how I role.

Michelle said...

it is so funny how all us moms are doing the exact same thing every day, considering the same options each day and we are doing it all by ourselves. i would be all for polygamy if all it meant was having some mom friends around all the time so you can have some adult company as you shop around town with your kids.

Ali said...

Hi, it's Ali (Crane). I sent you an email, but thought you'd read this sooner.

I know this isn't a standard "nice to get in touch with you again" request, but my sister is getting married soon, and she wants the same colors that you had. I remember you had such beautiful decorations, I was wondering if you could send me some pictures of it. I know, it's weird, but if you do have them handy, I'd love to see them. I was trying to describe to my mom the sheer drapey things in the trees.

I'd love it if you could. If not, I'm still so happy to be in touch again!