Tuesday, February 24, 2009

just stuff

Let me just start by saying that I am so glad that I am not hiding from the 'migra' in the desert between america and Mexico...sheesh...hard times, people.

also did you know that Rite Aid is the only store in the continental US that sells the long pink boxes of Lupone Jordan almonds? just so you know. thin shelled, pretty little pastel colors...addicted since 1990.

Dellah and Ruby are seriously annoying. They are also seriously hi-larious.
The other day Dellah said, "Mami, when can we eat? I'm hungry from all that exercising you did."
Ruby is obsessed with Rapunzel. We have the story on CD and we listen to it over and over. I think it has something to do with the fact that she has shorter hair than most little girls or something but at least it's blond. There is a line from the CD, "Rapunzel was blessed with beautiful, long, flowing, blond hair". She says that all the time, 'Mami, can you see my eawings with my longflowingblondhaiw?" and "Mami, lookumee, Mami, I have longflowingblondhaiw when I wun."
They also both self-soothe in tough times with thoughts of christmas and other gifted holidays. It begins with, 'can i have this or that or more of this or that' and the answer is no....after 5 or 10 seconds Ruby then says, "I know, mami, I godda gwate idea...Santa can gimme this for Eestowe...o whaddabout he give it to me fow my happy birthday?" yeah, Ruby...santa can do that...sure....whuuuudever.
Dellah is the same...no is only an acceptable answer if the item is promised for some other holiday by some fictional giftgiver. amazing. I'm just banking on their limited memories at this point

Have you ever felt like you were on the cusp? you know, like you were cusping somehow? I keep having all these thoughts like, "I should be writing something or making something or 'being' something more than I am and I can almost see the window through which I can climb to achieve that....somewhere out in front of me..." like my thoughts are kind of congealing after so long not being able to think about stuff very clearly.
I wish I could just be great, you know? Amazing and productive and inspiring and creative on some other level. I wish I could write something really, really good...
the cusp, people...I'm on it.

another thing i do now is use an elliptical machine and drink 7-11 hot chocolate.

6 comments:

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

I am going to have to remember the fictional gift giver trick... that is brilliant! Let's just hope that they don't learn the lesson of follow-up or follow-through...

brooklyn said...

i think your writing skills have surpassed the cusp. love your posts.

JenW said...

dude...ethan does the exact same thing! he is always telling me santa is going to get it for him or maybe daddy will buy it for me...he doesn't understand mommy and daddy have the same credit card yet:) i think you are amazing...but if you think you can find room to be MORE amazing...well go on honey, you go on and do that:)

Cindy Bean said...

Did you know that the technical term for Jordan Almonds is Dragées?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag%C3%A9es

I haven't had an Oreo Cakester in forever.

erin T to the S said...

thanks, ladies....cindy, that word sounds familiar but I didn't know it was the same thing as Jordan almonds!

andi said...

What ever you do, DO NOT let your children anywhere near a Magic 8 ball. Zina does this same "when it's my birthday" thing and then asks Xan's Magic 8 ball if tomorrow is her birthday. She just keeps shaking that thing until she gets a "Most definitely YES" answer. The next morning she will run into my room at 7:00 and demand her birthday cake breakfast in bed and what ever toy I told her last January she could have on her next birthday. That one NEVER forgets.