Wednesday, April 09, 2008

a.m. woe

it is a scientific fact that blog posts with pictures sell more than those without. there are pictures in this post...wait for it...

I am very tired. I have what is commonly known as a child in morning preschool. It starts at 9 which isn't actually very early but then there is the 30 minutes to eat 1/2 cup of cereal with milk and the 20 minutes of picking out, putting on or not putting on and then crying about it of the shoes. Then, this morning the plastic juice bottle I make juice in fell on the floor and burst lemonade all over the floor. This means that for a 9am appointment, we have to be awake at LEAST by 7:30 to have it all go correctly...today I was awake at 8:10...this is why things didn't go correctly.

I love sales. I am no respector of sales. Every sale is beautiful in my eyes...a sale at Nordstrom, a sale at DI a sale at Smith's a sale at Family Dollar...well, maybe not Family Dollar...I've tried..it's just gross in there. But the word sale makes me very glad indeed. I saw in the Sandy City paper that there was going to be a women's and children's and maternity sale at the hilltop United Methodist Church to benefit women't charities in the area. Sure, ok, yeah, help people...SELL STUFF!. Anyway so I called these people because I am an equal opportunity multi-religional proponent of sales. I asked them if I could be a 'seller' at their sale and they said, "wait, let me get back to you" and then they said, "yes...you are seller number 387".
i am seller number three hundred and eighty seven out of 150 sellers. I don't know how the Methodists count but there has to be something more to it than numerical order. Anyway, this is so great and I will tell you why.
1. They only take really excellently preserved/almost new clothes which is all we have here since we have too many clothes and we only wear them a little bit and also I have been about 5 sizes in the last 3 years.
2. It is the 14th year of the sale and people come from everywhere to go to it and it has a reputation for being a nice, quality sale....hence, many of my stuffs will be sold because I have nice, quality stuffs.
3. The sellers get 70% and the needy people get 30%. enough said.
You can charge more than a yard sale and you're getting paid and helping people and cleaning closets and, well, let's just say, seller 387 IS READY TO GET PAID!
it is friday and saturday at the hilltop methodist church in Sandy if you want gently used stuff for folks in your life.

that's all about that.

Let's move on to the next thing. This is a picture of me and my (green aura'd) friend Cindy at my wedding. This is a fine picture and everything but I am obsessed with my arms...my arms were thin. Why is it that the arms must betray you so early in life? that and the neck...the neck is a 30 something nemesis too.


This is a picture of the house down the street from me where Sharon and Lewi are moving in a few months to be our candle on the water till every wave is warm and bright and so forth. We like to think that we will be some kind of flicker on the water for them too in some heretofore undiscovered way.


This is what Dellah looks like in the bathroom wearing a yellow feathery shirt which gets feathers all over everything. I don't have a real reason for posting this other than the reason I often use....I am so sick of her right now I'll just admire her all silent and cute in this photo. I'm not even joking...she's on my last nerve. I love Dellah but she makes me confront all my flaws on an hourly basis and it's just too much sometimes.

I have to go and give the little beggars Raisin bran which they won't eat and eat something myself like a cupcake maybe. Also I want to buy that Rosetta Stone language learning software to learn French...Gabriel doesn't quite understand this I don't think...I NEED TO LEARN FRENCH, PEOPLE! I just can't die without knowing it.
I am having tacos for dinner.
last night I had stroganoff.
tomorrow I will have chimichangas.
I'm working on domesticating myself. It hurts.

7 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

Do you want to hang out with me sometime?

I miss having a pretty little neck. I didn't cherish my high school neck as much as I should have. Where did it go? No one told me it was going to go away.

I want to come to your garage sale!

andi said...

And what is the address of this wonderful sale? HELLO -- I can blow my tiny wad of cash on a couple of second hand things or I can save it for a house cleaner. On second thought, don't give me the address after all.

Jen said...

ok. that house is cuuuute. where is a picture of your house? and i'm about to buy the rosetta stone for russian. dang its expensive. oh, and at the begining of the school year oliver refused to go to preschool so i took him out and it was awesome having no schedule in the morning. now he back going three time a week and it was hard to get disciplined once again. his starts at 9 and is only around the corner from me!

Ryan JT said...

hi. i just bought this little book called learn french in a week at the tj. there's a cd and vocabulary flash cards and the sentences advance as you go through them. i know it's probably not the same approach you want to take, but i took french all through highschool and i'm determined for my husband to take me to paris for my 30th bday, but sometimes it changes to buenos aires. we'll see. i just thought it would be fun to feel like holly golightly playing those records before she goes off traveling to brazil, is it? i don't know. this is michelle

kelly said...

i love my unscheduled days. lucy would love preschool... i guess it will come.
your writing is fabulous, and doesn't need pictures to be colorful and entertaining- i do love seeing pictures of your cute girls though.

erin T to the S said...

cindy, your neck is very much in tact
Andi, If it were me, I would pick the house cleaner...I had to get rid of mine and I miss it.
Jen - I know, right, cute little house for the 2nd half of life...I'll put a pic of my house now.
Michelle - I wish TJ Magical was reliable enough to think I could find that book at my own venue...it sounds good actually. Every little bit helps, you know..I hope you get to go on that trip...Ryan's good at delivering the goods
Kelly - I know, the unstructured-ness of life is so appealing...I wish our kids knew each other...wouldn't it be fun to see how they would play?

JAKE AND STACY said...

Erin, You crack me up. Your random dialog makes me jealous of how your brain works. I seriously love reading your blog. keep it comin' sista.