Sunday, December 23, 2007

8 thousand reasons why I am so glad I'm not famous

The last couple of weeks have been a weird haze of activity and amnesia. I feel like eating my honey bunches of oats in the morning was about 3 days ago by 5 pm. every day.
So I was in the tabernacle choir thing from the 12 to the 16th and I mean it was REALLY time consuming. I was living on Vitamin Water and tight leotard energy for about a week.
The plusses included backstage pass around my neck allowing me to park and walk around wherever I wanted and fitting into size 10 pants for the first time in 3 years (6 years ago I would have thought that wasa huge size and now I'm like all, 'look at me, I'm so hot' and whatnot. But I am seriously glad that another DVD for mass distribution in Wal Mart, Deseret Book and beyond will not be recorded with me looking like a swollen toad in the middle of a pond with no lily pad to be found (perplexed frog) EVER AGAIN!!! good grief. wrong business to be in if you're going to reproduce and take the wrong anti-depressant for 2 years thereby thwarting any and all weight loss and enciting the accumulation of MORE weight. I digress. The point is that for those few days I was in show business actually. I had my makeup and hair done by professionals, I had costumes and a special door thorough which I was to enter and exit. I had taping sessions to get enough material for cutting and editing a DVD and I performed before about 80,000 people all together (I find that if I keep saying I you may think it was just me when there were 140 of us and the tabernacle choir with 300 and the King's singers who are world famous and the orchestra and the bell choir thus making me a veritable speck on the surface but in my reality it was 'me' you know?) and we were on live television on sunday morning. so it was a pretty neat thing to do and we got to hang out with the king's singers a lot if you've ever heard of them you'll care, if not, ehh...whatever.
I never thought I would feel this way but, aside from the exhilaration of performing for an audience, I really am not too ennamored with the whole, 'leave your family for hours and days and be around a bunch of folks in tights and too much make-up'. If anything I definitely am more in love with my little Sanchez group than I was before it all started. Families are just so good. It feels so good to have somewhere to go and people who care if you do or not.

So monday afternoon we got on a plane and came to Washington to visit my parents which we didn't know we were going to do until a few days before. My mom just decided she couldn't stand the thought of holidays with no one around, germs or no germs and you know how we aim to please So I came with the girls (Gabriel had to stay home and work and work and work) and here we are. We have had fun (my sister and her kids came too, both of us without spousal support so noise and stress abound). Jenny just left a little while ago and we leave tomorrow morning which is Christmas eve to try and squeeze in love and fun and memories and a batch of cookies for santa with our Popi (my husband) before Christmas. My mom who is currently hairless might be the cutest bald person I have ever seen. I'm not saying I want cancer because I don't but at least I'm not terrified of baldness because she wears it well (underneath a hat).
I'll post pictures of the dance thing and our actual christmas together as a family a little later when stuff stops spinning.

5 comments:

bug girl said...

I wish I could have seen you perform. I was so stuck in my own spinning world to notice your spinning world, or anyone else's. I bet your were beautiful!

erin T to the S said...

thanks, kim...yes, yes, of course I was beautiful..it was for the Lord. I hope you had a good Christmas. did you?

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

Welcome back!!! I was beginning to think that we would never get the opportunity to hear your whit and wisdom again... I am glad you are not famous, either. That would be a pain. But you do have quite the fan club. Hope you had a great Christmas. We would love to see you guys sometime in 2008... maybe?

erin T to the S said...

hey! that sounds great! gettin' together in two thousand eight!

liz j said...

I was thinking about fame the other day too. But the last time I sang in front of anyone I was a preteen and even then it wasn't pretty.

I passed a People magazine that had a story about Brittany Spears' growing up years and family splashed across the front page. I was at the gym and actually stopped and read the article for a good 15 minutes.

Suddenly I realized that I was reading sad intimate details of a family full of people I had absolutely no relationship with. I was suddenly filled with intense sympathy for famous people, especially those who struggle with life. Yikes.