Wednesday, October 24, 2007

coulda woulda shoulda

woah, have you ever looked at the words coulda woulda shoulda and seen how they absolutely don't look right? weird.

I had this idea for being awesome which went something like this.


1. I wake up in the morning and take a shower (or not because I took one yesterday and I'm still relatively fresh)

2. Go downstairs and administer grape nuts and honey bunches of oats to my children.

3. eat grape nuts at the same time

4. Go back upstairs and try to see the carpet again in my closet by hanging up 45 items that are piled there and try to arrange my two drawers in the bathroom so that they close AND open.

5. Tell my children to stop playing inside games and walk them over to the new play structure we have 1.1 minutes from our front door.

6. Let them play there until they get all sweaty and smell like outside instead of suave vanilla bean shampoo.

7. Have them think I am awesome because I do things like take them to the play structure.

8. Come back home and eat lunch from all the food groups.

9. Put Ruby down for a nap

10. Accept the fact that Dellah no longer takes naps.

11. take a nap

12. put on tights and go to dance rehearsal where some talented people are.


The plan seems relatively easy, benign, even run of the mill.

amazing how you just find 7 or 8 other things to do besides eat, ruby nap, me nap and put on tights...

I think I am still pretty awesome. I totally thought of a plan and I totally had every intention of actually doing the plan. Just because I didn't doesn't empty the glass...
this is me being like, yeah..
I'm totally tired and no, I don't do drugs.

7 comments:

JenW said...

that word does look weird.

good job for having a plan...i don't even have a plan yet. someday i can dream of having a plan:) without ethan throwing up all over it:) love you.

andi said...

You know, when ever I make a list that long I always include 4 things that I will do and 4 things that I will not do. The fancy part is that I never say which 4 things are the action items and which are the I-don't-really-want-to-do-that items. At the end of every day ... I am a success. Try it.

andi said...

BTW - I like all this posting activity and bonus points for the Halloween picture. But it is surely sexy Halloween.

erin T to the S said...

flarnk- may the pepto force be with you..


andi-yeah..totally..list of 4...action... items....and if that's sexy halloween then I don't want to know what the living dead look like.

mirjam said...

you might not remember me but we met once or twice... i have become a semi regular reader of your blog and have to say that you have a great way to put this motherhood experiment we are in into words. thanks a lot. when i get 30% of my list done it is a great day indeed.

marshall p said...

I heart you. and not because you're beautiful on the inside, because you're beautiful on the outside.

erin T to the S said...

aw sheesh..