Tuesday, August 28, 2007

from scratch

We had some friends over last night for the husband's birthday which was a week or so ago and his favorite cake is carrot. I decided I would make a carrot cake for him because I'm nice. I didn't realize my fingers would turn orange with all the grating of the carrots and that I maybe should have practiced making a cake for myself before I made one for another....
it stuck to the pan...it was sunken in the middle and I was sad. I stuck it on a plate, arranged the layers back in circles with all their detached parts, and put enough icing (3 inches or so) on it so that it looked like a cake....
it wasn't that bad, actually...but I think I'll let Duncan and Hines make the next one.
I have done the wedding hair for a lot of people that I can think of...and the prom hair and the fancy whatever hair but I have never done the same wedding hair three times until this weekend when Liz Davis had her third wedding related event and I put it up again...apparently 3 really is the charm cause she looked pretty. That was a really fun party...it was chilly at night for the first time in I don't know how long so I can't wait till fall. A chilly night and some Kim and some Emily and some Whitney and some Andi and some lemonade and hard candy....come on, people! good times.
I have the night off tonight...if anyone wants to hang out with me let me know. I guess since I'm the only one that reads this, I should probably just not ask that question to avoid no answers and subsequent disappointment.
I wish I had some cash.
I need some money...
mo money...mo money, biv devo, here we go!!! member that song?
anyway, I need some cash because there is a place called snoasis which Marsha's roommate, Kristen took us to the other night and I have literally missed like two days in three weeks of going there and getting $3.00 of rediculousness....I mean, I cannot hide the addictive behaviors that I try to quell in normal society...I don't care if those people in the little shack see me every single day...and they do....I gotta have it....I neeeeeeed it, I tell you....vanilla with extra cream...it tastes just like the snow cream we used to make when I was little...
anyway...
snoasis. You don't need to know where it is so you don't make the line longer and I have to wait more time.
Ruby is writhing on the floor screaming and wanting to play in the toilet water which I just can't allow...sorry but that's just gross, you go ahead and cry...but no...no, no, no and no!
We went to see Beauty and the Beast in the amphitheatre on friday and dellah got so excited she peed on gabriel's leg....I thought to myself, 'you are a very good father and I love you but I am so glad that that just happened to you because you're around them 1/24th of the time that I am and you need to be made a little uncomfortable because now you know how I feel.'
this is not a christian attitude. I take it back. I did think that but I shouldn't have written it down....
I wish I weren't chubbly. I'm always shocked when I look in the mirror. It's a big blow to realize I don't look like Gweneth Paltrow. I feel I need to ask Heaven why I can't sing and why my body doesn't do what i want it to.
whatever.
there are more important things.
probably.
ah yes....snoasis....
must go sell something to get some cash....

No comments: