Wednesday, August 29, 2007

dear diary

there is a certain amount of freedom associated with knowing that I am the only person reading these posts. I am the annonymous blogger. So, I guess I should just say that I did a good job painting the girl's room yesterday but I have way more to do. It has these scallops around the top of the wall that i traced with a pizza pan so it looks like a circus tent a little with the white of the wall scalloped against the pink of the lower wall....very girl.
Dellah finally took a nap yesterday and i got to be with Ruby for a while before she woke up. That is a really cute little girl. She talks so much more now that she's on this anti-seizure medicine. I hope there's a correlation because I'm sure she's so tired of being behind.

I have officially called 4 strangers in the last 2 days to plan visiting teaching for tonight. I really hate calling people on the phone. I'm no good on the phone. I need visual contact. I'm surprised at how calm I sound to myself while I'm talking though...very strange.
I'm supposed to be teaching the Laurels on sunday and I haven't spoken with the YWP and I don't have a manual. I hope this doesn't result in another phone call to strangers.
Our neighbors brought us cookies last night. There are nice people here.

My mom is very sick with a very big ugly word disease and I feel like all I do is cry when I get spare time. I'm trying to paint rooms and bake cakes and do art projects with toddlers and buy things at stores not to think about it but it's always there. I can't understand why she has to be so far away so I can't help her as much as I wish I could. again, the stupid phone....that's all I've got to convey myself and it's not good enough.

I watched the nanny diaries last night. I don't know why they called it the nanny diaries since it had about 2 things from the book with the same title. whatever. I don't know what the big deal about scarlett johanson is. I thought Laura Linney was gorgeous.

Maybe we'll trade in the pacifica for a station wagon of some sort....audi, volkswagon, volvo....I think the pacifica is just too big for me. you know my fear of big things...it is a really good looking car, that's for sure but what if we don't have 4 kids? what do we need all that car for? I'm a luxury station wagon kind of girl...always have been.
poopy diapers smell SO BAD. It's just outside the realm of normally tolerated odors.

7 comments:

JenW said...

you are not the only one who reads these and i am so glad you are back blogging. i was going to tell you last night i want to start one (because i'm such a bandwagon-jumper-oner) but i want it to have a funny/clever name or it just doesn't work for me but i'm coming up short. any ideas? was the nanny diaries good though? maybe i'll read the book. i love you. i'm glad dellah poops in the toilet and ruby talks more. we are doing okay, call me and practice talking to someone you know on the phone, it might help with the strangers:) love you.

erin T to the S said...

thank you flarnkie

marshall p said...

your blog is back!

Whitney said...

SPOILER: There is a moment when the guy asks the girl whether she loves her husband. She responds, "No. I love you." However, her response is in unsubtitled Czech, so the man does not understand her. I think this makes the movie ending even worse. Why do people choose to toucher themselves, and why do we have to watch. I hope I didn't spoil this movie for anyone. I don't have your email address, and I am not about to call you. I had fun tonight, thank you. I am sorry for all the suckiness in your life, right now.

Whitney said...

i can't spell even with spell check.

Whitney said...

This is kind of why the internet tortures me.

erin T to the S said...

I love whitney