Tuesday, July 14, 2009

buy some money

today i was awakened by an all dressed and ready for the day Ruby who said, "oh, man....why does papi hava goda wowk evwy day tho he can buy thom money?...." she was disappointed that it was only me in my bed and not Gabriel....

a little later we were in the throws of a giant tantrum 30 minutes after a time out for throwing a sharp edged book in a small room. I was shop vac-ing the garage and she was easily screaming louder than the echoing vacuum noise.....(so that explains that to anyone living in a 2 mile radius). We went back upstairs and Ruby informed me that she needed me to take her to gwamma's house because she needed a 'bwake.....you know, like YOU always take a bwake?'
a. i don't ALWAYS take a bwake or i would be way thinner and well adjusted.
b. who takes a break at 10am....it's 10:20 in the morning!!!
c.. what on earth do people who eat cheetos and drink juice out of princess cups while they wear tulle and satin and watch animated things need with a bwake? a bwake from what? from the lap of luxury?
she informed me that i should take her to my parents' and then dellah and i should go somewhere and then come back and pick her up....
'ruby, is this because grandma and grandpa give you whatever you want while you're at their house?' i asked her.
'yes'.

nice.
she needs a break from the lap of luxury for a first class ticket to neverland where the word 'no' doesn't exist..........
DON'T WE ALL?

so here we are at sharon and lewi's while my children sit downstairs in their underwear under soft blankets watching beauty and the beast and eating copious amounts of skittles and edible necklaces....
maybe if I could buy some money i would purchase someone to listen to their drama at my house and then I would just come here to grandma's where every body's thrilled to be alive as long as there's skittles and yeses.....

2 comments:

JenW said...

ah ruby...sometimes we all just need a bwake huh? that's a funny story erin...we are excited to come and plop ourselves right down in your midst soon... maybe then your kids and my kids can give each other a bwake....

brooklyn said...

i absolutely love and totally relate to your posts. i'm dealing with uber sass in my 4-going-on-16-year-old and, whew, bweaks much needed on all accounts.