Friday, May 23, 2008

ummm...

so when you have small people you're in charge of and they have fevers and mucus and they cough on you for 4 days you get fevers and mucus. note to self.

I would be my friend if I were you. I would go to my blog just to see if I were alive.
is it too much to ask that you just say, 'hey, I came to see if you're alive' cause I would do it for you and I HAVE done it for you and I don't even want to hear the whole, "oh, stop being so dramatic, Erin, you're not that good of a friend to all of us, you don't deserve more than 3 comments (one of them that you actually wrote as a response) to a post in a week!" I thought we agreed I would be fragile during this Mexican innundation and I would need support. I'm not one of those emotionally stable people who's like, "I got this business all wrapped up". I'm one of those folks that's like, "I wish I had this...do I have this?...what do you think"
whatever.

Dad?
are you even reading this Dad?
Mom called me today and it was like this,
E-hey, mom
M- hey, haven't talked to you for a while, thought I'd see what you're doing
E-well I've had a fever and been sick so I've been in my pajamas for a while
M-oh, well I'll let you go
E-no, no, I want to talk, so what are you doing?
m-nothing.
E-oh, well what's new, anything good going on?
M-no, we're just living in the future, not the present, that's all. I've been trying all day to get out of the house but now it's too late (it was 1pm there)
E -chat, chat, chat, the girls, the girls, the girls, encourage, encourage
M-oh kay, well I'll let you go, bye.

I'm basically devoid of blood after that emotional vapirism.
just like you will be at the end of this post! haaaaaahahahahahahahh!
I talked to my friend Amy who said my posts worry her like I'm really sad.
I told her it's a nice place to rant and then move on with my really pretty happy life.
While I'm ranting, I feel so mad when I go to weddings and people get married and they get all these presents and everybody's like, "here let me get you all these presents" and I'm like, "I wish I would have gotten all these presents when I got married" and then I feel mad like my married didn't matter as far as presents go. like, seriously. not even towels or a George foreman grill or anything!

I'm happy.
I'm relatively cued in to what's currently fashionable.
I have a really cute florescent pink Diesel watch.
I had cold stone last night and it didn't make me like a rabid hound out for more cold stone every day for the next 5 months.
Snoasis is set up in the parking lot just ready to open this weekend.
My children like me and the feeling's mutual.

I just gotta get it off my 38C, man. go ahead and get your transfusion now, Dad and Jenny and Cindy and Andi who are my only readers.

have you seen the movie Bella? somebody please tell me what I'm supposed to think happened at the end because I don't even know at all.

12 comments:

JenW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JenW said...

okay, the deleted comment was me, i just found two errors of my grammar and that seriously bothers me, so let's have a re-try. you are great, don't worry about mom's "i'll let you go now" she does it to me all the time too...it's just hard for her i guess to deal sometimes. as it is for all of us. but soon we'll be together and then the farthest you'll be able to get away from us without a car will be the bathroom at mom and dad's house. it'll be awesome! you are a 38C? i didn't know that...thanks for being great, i love you.

bug girl said...

Hey Erin, just checking in to see how you're doing...sorry that I don't always leave a comment, but I do read all your posts. I do think about you. I do love you. I just get lazy and read your post through google reader and that means I don't actually go to your blog which means I don't leave comments. I resolve to do better...

brooklyn said...

i love reading your blog and would leave a comment every time, but i don't because most of the time i just feel like "phew, i'm glad i'm not the only one who gets stressed over kids and company (like my sis-in-law who is in town right now on my date night with my husband, which leaves me blogging at 11:00 on a friday night)" And they make me laugh. but i don't think comments should be all about me and how i feel because it's YOUR blog and i would feel like forrest gump if i just said "i liked it" every time. but, i like your posts--venting and all.

Jennifer said...

Does it matter to you if someone you've never met and probably never will (and more oddly, found your blog through 6 others belonging to people she's also never met, although honestly it all started with one who I do sort of know in that her sister is my best friend.phew, that was a lot of explanation) reads your blog faithfully? So, chin up. You seem to be loved by a bundle of people and whether it matters or not, I for one check often to see that you're still alive, so keep posting or else I'll worry.

emily said...

38C--nice

Cammie said...

I read your blog too! I love it and appreciate your honesty. You're a good writer and extra good person!

erin T to the S said...

flarnk and Emily - 38C is gross

Kim- you lazy girl...

Brooke- no one gets in the way of my date night...she owes you big...

Jennifer - hello. thank you for reading and you never know when we might meet. when we do I guess you'll know way too much about me!

Cammie- you're the extra good person.thanks!

Team Clark said...

Amy is a reader, too.
I haven't seen bella, but I just saw in the land of women and it was pretty good. I recommend it, except if you don't like the sh word then don't see it. It also has one word worse than that at one point....
We got a george foreman grill because one of my co workers got it for his wedding and it was still in the box and I told him to give it to me. We used to use it, but not any more and so it's in the car ready to go to di. You can have ours if you want!!

Cindy Bean said...

Um..sorry I'm late jumping on the commenting bandwagon. I love getting comments from you on my blog because you're awesome. How about that Colin Firth movie? Next Monday?

kelly said...

hey- did you get that watch at nordstrom rack? biggish white face with a nylon band? if so, totally awesome, i've been eyeballing it. and at least once a week i check out your blog- i just usually get distracted by my kids before i get a chance to make a comment.

marshall p said...

jello! sorry I am selfish. thanks for always commenting on my blog. I am glad you are not sick for 2 weeks coughing up your lungs! and also alive. and always adorable.

come to my bbq. it's at 6:30 PM!