Saturday, May 24, 2008

saturday

Today we had a garage sale (since we don't have a yard). It sounds great when you say that we made 2,860 pesos...it sounds just fine when you say we made $286! Hooray for us.
I have come to the conclusion that I have to come to the conclusion that I will no longer buy so many items of apparel. Some girl comes up to me with a pair of 7 jeans and an unworn shirt from H&M, a banana republic skirt and some turquoise steve Madden pumps and I'm like, "That will be $9". what? what is wrong with me? these pregnant girls were coming in buying entire layettes for their unborn children and well into their toddlerhood...Someone close DI...make it stop. Help me not go to the Gateway mall and to TJ Maxx and Ross. Help me be crafty and make scrapbooks and toll paintings and dinner.

or just go to famous footwear's buy one get one half off sale and get a couple of things...there's always THAT I could do after getting rid of half my garage.

sheesh.

Ruby says, "yeth". Do you want some more food, Ruby? "yeth" "yeth, I want thom mow".
there is hardly anything cuter right now.

7 comments:

Katherine said...

I knew I should have stopped by your house! Just a side note-your girls are so cute. I'm in primary now and love to watch Dellah!

Unknown said...

erin. this is the first time for me to leave a comment-ever. i love to read your blog. i just wished i saw you more than i read about you... why wasn't i at your yard sale!? i think you are wonderful.

Team Clark said...

Wait, wait, wait. This is what you need to do. You need to let me look at your clothing BEFORE you sell it!! Thanks.

Cindy Bean said...

I love your garage sales.

erin T to the S said...

Katherine - I know! I wanted to go to your garage too and then I got side tracked...next time I guess!

Kirsten! hello! thanks for stopping by! and especially for thinking I'm wonderful :)

Aim- Yeah, like you'd ever fit in a size 10! funny, tiny girl!

Cindy - I love YOUR garage sales...those were the days...

Schyler said...

yes i read your blog. no, i don't often comment. yeth, my grandchildren are cuter than most other human beings.
your mother is having some down days with overcast weather, frustration over the lack of movement on the house, and my absence-aren't i self-absorbed. What is snosaisqlkdillke, sounds like a nasal disease. we'll be there on Thursday. Then you can blog about the foibles of your relations instead of in-laws. Dad

Michelle said...

i think it is unanimous. why didn't we all know about your garage sale? i always give my expensive clothes away to the di because once i make a decision to get rid of something it can't stay in my house for another moment and whatever is left come garage sale time is sold for pennies. i don't know how it happened but i'm off the apparel drug. (maybe it was the 65 lbs i gained while pregnant?) i'm obsessed with landscaping. i'm even over my decorating and redecoration ocd for the moment. i don't know...what can i say. i take turns.