Monday, February 25, 2008

offspring




This is Ruby practicing to be either a boy or a gang member. The hat was so that the earphones wouldn't keep falling out. She listened to that song by Rob Thomas that's at the end of "Meet the Robinsons" 26 times. I never thought I would be one of those parent's that's like, 'yeah, lets get my toddler an iphone and a computer but one of those tiny ipod things with 75 songs? Sign me up. Gabriel hopes we get her this item sooner than later so he can have his own ipod back..we wouldn't even need 75 songs we just need the one. That one and 'Bustopher Jones wears white spats' from the musical cats....I've always called her bustopher jones so she thinks it's about her.


And that's Dellah and Ruby last sunday when Dellah gave her talk in church. There were great pictures of smiles and sweetness but no picture depicted their relationship better than this one. "Yes we are holding hands and we are exactly the same size but we are sisters, not friends and not twins and we don't even know if were that stoked about it at all"


This is is my child who has just learned how to smile so big in pictures. This is the tree that she made for christmas that we had hanging on a doorknob for 3 months and Gabriel had had enough...it is now immortalized photographically and in the trash. I tried to preserve every item that she ever touched, drooled on or scribbled with a crayon her whole life and now I'm like, look, I love her, she's right here in front of me...why don't I stop building a shrine to a living kid who's 3-D and start building some kind of memory in her mind of a mom who doesn't obsessively hoard paper goods. Obviously there are things I keep but not everything. Our house isn't big enough. NO one's house is big enough.
those are the people I made. They are cute and weird. They are mine. I am cute and weird. 1+1=2 always.

4 comments:

GrittyPretty said...

i love seeing pics of your beautiful girls!! the tiny ipod thing is called a "party shuffle". it's what i use to listen to podcasts with and it's indestructible.

erin T to the S said...

Hooray. Indestructible is what we're in the market for..thanks Raquel.

Cindy Bean said...

I destroyed the little thing you plug it into though by stepping on it because I can't keep my room clean.

I have a whole cd of songs that I "found" on the internet from disney and stuff that I can give to you!

erin T to the S said...

oooo, that would be good, cindy...you still doin' good?