Sunday, November 04, 2007

unapologetic travel log

Hello, it's me, Erin. It's been a while. I'm sure you were all salivating to know what I've been doing and I aim to please. So, it was my birthday road trip which everyone else has already blogged and gotten over it but it all started with a hot juicy burger in Wendy's.
Happy Cindy...
and this was one of the other passengers on the trip who I can neither confirm nor deny being Marsha Ellis in Wendy's who seriously deserved a burger.

now that the pg rated part of the post is over, I can move on to the mostly g-rated version. In short, it was more fun that I have had as a solo entity in the world for at least 5 or 6 years if ever. I love these girls...look how cute Emily is.
I would not recommend eating anything from this particular Chinatown location p.s. and especially don't buy any fish because some of them are floating upside down. It is burned into my brian...that poor little pez. Later in the day, however, I did get, from Hector the smiley Mediterranean waiter, THE MOST FLAVORFUL AND FULFILLING COCA COLA ON THE ENTIRE GLOBE! and several of it's refills.

H&M was slightly disheartening but that didn't stop me from buying some good items (one of my favorites is a black smocky thing that Eric the disfunctional h&m employee forgot to take the magnetic thingy off the bottom of and now I'm not sure what to do except wield a hammer to remove it) alas. I also bought $23 lipstick from Sephora which is devastatingly good and a wonderful knee length cardigan from Urban outfitters which I straight up copied Cindy on but hers is tan and mine is gray. I must also add that I am glad I had spent my money in Vegas because there was this mouth wateringly tempting boutique in a gas station bathroom in Nowheresville. COME ONNN! so funny

We all needed that trip on very different levels. For me it was a validating and almost rediculously emotional thing to feel like I was a friend to these folks who are so smart and pretty and funny and they actually still like me even though I'm a housewife which must mean that all my cool has not yet worn completely off. (I also really love some other girls that weren't on the road trip very very much) So, thank you road trip girls and thank you kind Jetta for delivering us from evil.

This is Cindy proving that she can stuff an entire plate of green jell-o in her mouth at once. Small pleasures. Then I turned 31. Not that exciting. Here I am being 31. I think I look more excited than I am but it could be my pocketed t-shirt or my block of wood on a chain from H&M to thank for the smile.It was a pretty great day. Gabriel stayed home from work and we went to breakfast and on a walk and to Downeast Home to buy this out of control awesome ottoman which is a gint square.

Then we ate pizza and cake and went to bed and two days later was Halloween which looked like this: (ruby's a turtle not a frog)

and this

I am pretty glad that october's done and that Christmas is coming but come on retailers...let's have Thanksgiving first already!!! sheesh.... I bought an autumny wreath and one of those totally domestic metal wreath hanger things to go on my front door so we look all suburban and welcoming. Now I keep fantasizing about all the other wreaths there must be in the world what with my ultra snazzy wreath hanger. I'm not sure I needed one more department to freequent in every store but c'est la vie. Maybe I'll take a picture of my wreath and show you so you'll know which house is mine when you come for cider and homemade biscuits.....

10 comments:

GrittyPretty said...

1st, happy birthday you young thing!
2nd, awesome ottoman. i love it.
3rd, adorable girls! they just keep getting more strikingly beautiful. even though the girls look exactly like you, i swear that diverse gene pool you've got going helps. i seriously worry about mine & ollie's gene pool being to homogenized. oh, one more thing,that maybe marsha pic is so great! marsha rocks!

andi said...

Hey, I was going to leave a list and now I totally can't because: 1st, Raquel beat me to it. 2nd, only Marsha is truly funny in list form, 3rd, what is a gint square?

Oh and 4th, did you see the wreath with long brown feathers from Target. I was coveting it. Would it work for a holiday wedding?

And 5th, hello -- super skinny clavicles, miss erin, in the wooden chunk photo.

Cindy Bean said...

Erin, I can't believe I haven't commented on this post yet. Look at how adorable your children are. Look at how adorable you are! I think 31 will be an excellent year for you.

That was such a fun trip. I love all the stuff we bought and all the good times we had. I wish that Jello had been red. I'm better at eating red Jello.

erin T to the S said...

Raquel - I think your gene pool is safe in the sphere of beautiful-ness I wouldn't worry..

Andi - I totally saw that wreath and the accompaning cone shaped tree like thing. I just kept wondering what birds are all bald now

Cindy - i hope this year will be good too...I agree about the red Jell-o...especially around Halloween with all the bloody connotations and whatnot. love you

erin T to the S said...

ps andi...I think a gint square is like a sweet shop (which was supposed to be a sweAt shop...) just a mistake for giant...

Cindy Bean said...

That block of wood on a chain looks good on you. I with I had gotten one of those.

marshall p said...

my cleavage looks like a butt.

emily said...

that's exactly what it's supposed to look like, according to some theories of human evolution

erin T to the S said...

Marsha, your cleavage looks like dessert!

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

You and your girls are ADORABLE! and your house looks amazing. We totally want to come over to visit sometime and see the pad (especially if there are homemade biscuits and cider on the line)....