Wednesday, June 07, 2006

wednesday already

It's funny how time flies. It seems like it was just sunday and now we're halfway there again! This morning, my little Ruby woke up before Dellah and we had a few minutes alone to eat cereal and chat and she crossed her chubby little arms to say the prayer. When those little firsts happen sometimes out of the blue, I really feel like all is right in the world.
Zendina came over today and we swam in the pool downstairs and chatted about things. It was a very nice visit.
Most of the times, I've noticed that the anxiety of a future event is not nearly comparable to the drama that event actually holds....since I was a little kid I've always been the type to not invite people to have sleepovers (or I suppose the adult equivalent to that would be just a visit) because I would get all stressed out about not having enought fun toys or my house was boring or I just would run out of things to say in my mental scenario. It never ceases to amaze that if I just calm the heck down about hanging out with people, it most always turns out completely normal and low key....seriously, the baggage we all lug around! It's atrocious!
I made a pretty good birthday cake for Dellah's birthday (my first maternal baking experience) and I realized that all the flavors you thought only your mom could create with edible ingredients, actually can be recreated by following a recipe...I would almost prefer that they stay unattainable somehow because that would make the fact that all the other sensations of childhood are more dull now, a little easier to 'swallow' as it were.
hooray for buttercream icing.
Hooray for babies in their diapers playing with water.
Hooray for the way chlorine makes your hair feel like you have product in it.
hooray for inlaws that tell your husband you're a witch and you're the reason he's changed for the worse creating a huge family eruption...
wait.
no.
not hooray for that.
viva mexico and all your antiquated ignorance!!!

6 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

Wow. This post contains three really good short stories, maybe four. It deals with childhood issues of acceptance and the realization that it's all okay. It discusses a sort of Santa Claus/Mother Power destruction. It also says that your in-law situation sucks. I'm sorry about that. I wish they could love you like I love you. Maybe their auras aren't the right color. I can write them a letter and tell them that I like you and that you're super great and that everyone needs to breath in through their nose and fill up their stomachs and not their chests and that makes everything feel better, it really does.

There's also hanging out with Zendina. That's always a short story.

Cindy Bean said...

There's also the story about Ruby praying. That's so frickin' cute. That could totally go in the Ensign.

Madelyn Joy Lancaster said...

SO, I decided to join the blogging community if not just to roil with confessional angst with the best of them but to say, "YIKES! Watch out for the monster-in-laws!" You are angel dew, erin... hopefully someday they will appreciate your fabulous uniqueness and all the great things you do for Gabriel.

marshall p said...

you and Cindy are totally having a love-affair right now. and that is all good.

in-laws! That's why I'm not married. (that and the fact that cute boys don't ask me to marry them. very often.)

bug girl said...

Erin, I carry that same baggage. I too failed (and fail) to invite people to hang-out with me because I think that I will bore the beejeebers out of them. My toys weren't that great, I didn't know much about the lastests fasions, music or movies, and my family was a little weird. I am still that same little girl (Although I just saw a new movie with somebody in it and I think I might be that much more ahead in the world of movies and acters, if only I could remember what movie it is and who it was). But for some reason when I hang-out with you I don't feel like you are bored to pieces with me (I want in on the blog-affair between you and Cindy and Marsha).

erin T to the S said...

there is so much love in this comment posting area right now it's amazing....there is room for everyone in my love affair.