Friday, September 26, 2008

viernes en el barrio

When you have not written in your blog for 2 months and you have felt yourself slipping into that gross place where you feel all closed off and separate from people this is what you should do....
BLOG UNTIL YOU FEEL LIKE BLOGGING...
I think a prophet said that or something.

My parents live 10 doors down from me now...I can't remember what I used to do and that's probably a problem because I take Dellah to school and then I go to their house and then I pick Dellah up and then I go to their house and then I take the girls home to rest a while and then I got to their house with dinner ingredients and eat at their house....
seriously, Erin...co dependence is ugly.

I tried to post right when I got home from Mexico City which was pretty wonderful actually and then blogger told me that my pictures couldn't be posted and I just got very discouraged and ignored blogger. When you ignore the blog you are only hurting yourself.

This morning and yesterday morning Dellah has screamed at the top of her shrill little voice that I am a 'BAAAD MAMI! UGLY MAMI!' and when I took her to the place of no return for her behavior (time out) she bit my hand...she BIT me!
what the crap?! It's not every day that you live inside a time worn phrase and live to tell the tale...she actually bit the hand that feeds her.
unconscionable

We have atoned for our bad carpet choices when we built this house 1.5 years ago. We now have squishy, squooshy carpet exactly the color of most kinds of dirt and all kinds of poop.
mmmmooooaaahhhhhaahahaha...you will not sully my surroundings, foul dirt...you have met your DuPont smart strand match!

mmmmmm....what else...there's so much stuff it's just too much to tell. I'll have to do installments. Of course I'm at my parent's house right now so I'll write more at my own house where my pictures are on the computer.
At least I've breached that drafty corridor between me and my blog and found the journey shorter and easier than I had worked it up in my mind to be.

current television obsessions: Lipstick Jungle, Project Runway, Top Design, the Rachel Zoe Project

Currently listening to : Lost Songs by David Gray
Currently obsessively consuming: chocolate milk
currently wearing every single day because I am chubby and nothing else fits me : wide legged trousers from gap and some ultra heinous floral shirt from Kohls
Current amount of time I have been trying to have a baby and can't: 10 months
Current amount of cruelness felt from this ultimate joke played on me and my feelings of complete and utter fertility....incalculable

I went to Cindy's last night for a fun little shin-dig...so happy to have seen dear people I looooove.

12 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

I am so glad you got to come to the party and that I got some special alone time. That was so fun.

I can't believe she bit you!

Katherine said...

thank you, thank you, thank you!!! my blogging world had slowed down, and i have spent WAY too much time checking to see if you had updated us yet!

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

My prayers have been answered and we can stop the forty-day fast... ERIN is back and the villagers are HAPPY!! No more 2 month sabbaticals, okay? :)

Side note of the fertility irony: maybe you will wait all these many months to find yourself pregnant with twins... now that make for quite a posting.

Welcome back. You were muchly missed.

bug girl said...

I missed you. I am glad that I got to see you last night, even if briefly, and to top it off you blogged today! Yeah.

marshall p said...

I'm so glad you're back in every way. you are adorable always.

biting kids. dorks.

brooklyn said...

wow, you are a gifted writer. wow.

JenW said...

seriously, i check your blog obsessively and thank you for writing something and i love you and i wish i lived 10 doors down or right next door, as well! i can't believe she bit you! way to stay in time out huh? i loooooooooove you!

Taryn and the boys said...

You're alive. I only started blogging like 2 months ago and so you have been gone always. I kept myself busy reading old entries and looking at darling pictures of your girls in much younger years. But I ran out as I was becoming addicted, so I'm glad you're back. Oh by the way we miss you guys. I read your blog when I need some good only erin can give just the right humor, so don't get too sucked in at your parents that you deprive those of us who need to read your hilarious entries.

Team Clark said...

I think it's great you live right by your parents. I'd probably handle it the same way if I were in the same situation.
I love wide leg trousers from gap, too. Did you know that they don't have them anymore? What's that all about?
Hooray for your carpet. I really am happy for you!
Sorry to hear about the biting situation. Sad, sad story.

holly said...

i'm glad your back! you say all the things that help me to get through the days that are ever so endless sometimes! what fun to have your parents so close...we miss them! as far as conceiving is concerned, you never know what the embrotic plan is until it is thrown at you, planned or not! twins......it could happen, trust me! who would have thought! i love ya!

holly

erin T to the S said...

Cindy, Katherine, Angela, Kim, marsha and Brooke you're all so nice I should take a hiatus more often just to have an ego boost with my returning post!

Flarnk - you're not the only one who wishes you were down the street

taryn so glad to hear from you! I hope all's well in Texas

aim I did not know about the wide legged pants...this is a travesty

Holly you're a brave, brave girl...I feel like I already had twins so I would welcome one less pregnancy for twice the kids but, again, twins wouldn't bring my total up to SIX! your mansion is in Heaven girlfriend

Jen and Shane said...

Welcome back, I missed seeing you. Did you get our note? You've inspired me to do something with my pitiful blog. I am guilty of ignoring blogger, and its got to stop. Thank you!