Tuesday, May 16, 2006

back east

We're here in merry old Virginia with ourselves and our progeny. We're here with Gabriel's parents also that just got off a Carnival cruise to Puerto Rico...that's a pleasure. Especially when I was cutting his mom's hair this morning and she thought she would tell me that she never had post pardom depression with all six of her kids because the Lord loves her and that I should just 'animate' myself and snap out of it because she didn't have time to have depression (like I'm so lazy depression just landed on my stagnent body in the gutter or something.)...whatever. Never hurt the person's feelings that's holding scissors beside your cerebral cortex.
We had a horrendous plane ride with a reprieve in the Chicago airport when there was a reprieve in the food court with a Dunkin' donuts where I promptly bought half a dozen of these out of control creme puffs that took me straight back to my childhood before fat accumulated anywhere on me. Ruby had a fever...dellah screamed the whole way....Now we're here and we sleep in the same room...all 4 of us...so we've been waking up really early and then I've been sleeping in until noon if I can (take that, mother in law...that's right....noon!!...lazy, lazy me.)
Tomorrow we're going to williamsburg and on the way we're stopping at H&M to find some tender mercies and momentary happiness bought with filthy lucre. YES!! We're going to Busch Gardens on Fridsay...double YEs!
Before we came we went down to Provo to have a yard sale with my sister at Wymount and we made a cool $350 selling whatnots...of course that was gone mostly before we left but the best part of the day (besides the fact that my parents were there and I love to see them so much and have them see my children) was the fact that I got to go and do a girly thing with my friends at Marsha's house for Michelle's bridal shower. It was like manna in the wilderness. All these shiny girls and pretty faces...like wonderful...happy. I didn't get to stay long enough but it was a little sip of juice in a martini glass on a hot day.
Greeting from the east coast. We're sleeping on our niece's bed with the plastic sheet so I guess it's time to go try and be quiet on a crinkley mattress so we don't wake up the whole house.

3 comments:

erin T to the S said...

I don't know why do many of those words were misspelled in that post...sheesh...I guess being this close to West Virginia must be rubbing off...

marshall p said...

I love you! sorry about you mother-in-law. I think there's a joke in there somewhere. maybe she's a secret scientologist... maybe you could give her brooke shield's post-partum depression book for Christmas, maybe you could tell her to STEP OFF, BITCH.

love,
mp

andi said...

Erin,

I told your mother-in-law to say that.

This is what we get when we marry their favorite son. Subtle little gabs to our tendure holds on their children. I have already decided that I will be a widow and all alone in the world when I reach mother-in-law statis. I am just planning now on being the bitch from hell to the poor sucka who thinks she knows my Xanny better than I do.

Let's just say I think you would be wise to stear your Dear Little Dellah far away from my boy.